PDA

View Full Version : happy thanksgiving!!!!

brandy
25-Nov-10, 11:53
my fav day of the year!
allready this morning i have ready..
two pumpkin pies, a mississippi mud pie, ive just finished making a home made cheesecake, the gobble gobble is in the oven! *yumm* full of stuffing.. and ive eggs on to boil for deviled eggs!
still to come is home made yeast rolls, neeps, tatties, green beans, corn, yorkshires and mac and cheese!
so whos coming for tea?

Sandra_B
25-Nov-10, 12:04
Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you have a lovely day.

Gronnuck
25-Nov-10, 13:22
AAAAAaaaaarrrrrggghhh another Americanism we could do without, :lol:;)

Liz
25-Nov-10, 13:24
Happy Thanksgiving Brandy xx

Do you want me to come round with my wheelbarrow to move you from the table once you've eaten all that?!!:lol:

changilass
25-Nov-10, 13:27
Happy Thanksgiving Brandy, what time do you want us there?

Hoida
25-Nov-10, 13:33
Happy Thanksgiving Brandy Unfortunately can't join you as we have a fair amount of snow but have a great day Brandy :lol::lol:

brandy
25-Nov-10, 14:10
AAAAAaaaaarrrrrggghhh another Americanism we could do without, :lol:;)

*laughs* thats fine more for us!
tea is at 5!
and as im american im allowed my Americanisms (sticks out tongue)

Betty
25-Nov-10, 15:54
Happy Thanksgiving Brandy. Hope all those attending are thankful to you for providing such a great spread. (Wish I was there).

teddybear1873
25-Nov-10, 16:26
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Heading over to the inlaws in less than 4hrs for thanksgiving dinner. There will be around 20 there and a big feast is all set. Can't wait for the fried turkey.

Not looking forward to tomorrow though with Black Friday. Hitting the shops (Walmart, Best Buy, Target, JC Penny) at 400am isn't my idea of fun.

scorrie
25-Nov-10, 21:19
Not looking forward to tomorrow though with Black Friday. Hitting the shops (Walmart, Best Buy, Target, JC Penny) at 400am isn't my idea of fun.

Just try your own advice re the Jehovah's Witnesses, i.e. Simply don't do it!! ;)

scorrie
25-Nov-10, 21:21
Happy Thanksgiving. Extra NFL games on today, all televised on Sky Sports. I could do with the Jets losing tonight, not holding much hope though, Cincinnati are pretty feckless.

Moira
25-Nov-10, 21:26
Happy Thanksgiving Brandy and other American Orgers!

Hope you are enjoying your feast - sounds wonderful. :D

brandy
25-Nov-10, 21:42
omg im gonna die! *lol* so stuffed.. could just lay back and go to sleep. im ready for hibernation now!

John Little
25-Nov-10, 22:11
Sounds like you had a good day - I'm glad of it. :)

Now a wee dram to drink the health of the USA.......

David Banks
26-Nov-10, 07:28
Thanksgiving in Canada is in October, a month earlier than our friends to the south.

And I used to remember "Harvest Thanksgiving" in Caithness being in September or early October.

We should follow what is appropriate for "Harvest" in our climate -- not necessarily automatically follow the yanks -- in my opinion.

dirdyweeker
26-Nov-10, 15:46
Morning after the night before. Yesterday was Thanksgiving in St Petes, Florida and boy were we fed. I enjoyed spit roasted pig stuffed with turkey! Wonderful stuffings and veg. My favourite pudding was Pumpkin Roll with pecans. Lots of liquids to wash it all down. Now heading off to look for our Black Friday bargains. They are complaining today though as the weather has become a bit cool. Only 76 today!
Thanks USA for a great celebration. :)