PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a minute to spare???

fortyfiveproject
25-Nov-10, 10:16
Hello there!

If anyone has a spare couple of minutes at any point during the day then I would be eternally grateful if you could fill in this survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH2CXMY (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH2CXMY)

I'm a Scottish Cultural Studies student at UHI Millennium Institute, and I am gathering the data for my Traditional Customs and Beliefs module. The survey is about death omens in the modern day - sorry it's a bit morbid but it certainly makes for an interesting study!

Thanks so much!
Judith

DeHaviLand
25-Nov-10, 11:51
Have you checked with admin that its all right for you to be spamming the forum members with this? No introduction, just straight in there with " do my work for me please". Its hardly the decent way to go about things, is it?

Sandra_B
25-Nov-10, 12:06
Did it. It took about a minute. Good luck!

Liz
25-Nov-10, 13:27
Survey done and, as Sandra_B said, only took about a minute.

Good luck with your module Judith.:D

Hoida
25-Nov-10, 13:30
S.urvey done as said before just took a minute

_Ju_
25-Nov-10, 14:01
Hello Judith,
I think you have a flawed question in your survey. The question about anyone you know believing in death omens. I don't know if anyone I know does believe in them, so I cannot truely answer that one with the options given.

Good luck.

Logical
25-Nov-10, 14:49
Sounds "bot-ish", could have at least said hello.

I'm sure the thread will be gone soon enough....

fortyfiveproject
25-Nov-10, 17:00
Thank you everyone who has filled in the survey! It is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to help me out. :D

I think you have a flawed question in your survey. The question about anyone you know believing in death omens. I don't know if anyone I know does believe in them, so I cannot truely answer that one with the options given.
Thank you, _Ju_, as a student it's always invaluable to receive constructive criticism. I don't think I can change the question but I will add in a comment about how I could have improved it in my methodology.

On another note, I'm very flattered that people would have liked me to tell them more about myself - this is clearly a particularly friendly forum :D Here's an introduction then: I'm Judith, I live in Wick and I'm a Scottish Cultural Studies student at UHI. In my spare time I am creating a project to make a film about the 1745 Jacobite Uprising.
I hope that everyone has now realised I'm not a "spammer"- in fact I'm looking forward to being a member of this online community.

DeHaviLand
25-Nov-10, 17:58
Thank you everyone who has filled in the survey! It is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to help me out. :D

Thank you, _Ju_, as a student it's always invaluable to receive constructive criticism. I don't think I can change the question but I will add in a comment about how I could have improved it in my methodology.

On another note, I'm very flattered that people would have liked me to tell them more about myself - this is clearly a particularly friendly forum :D Here's an introduction then: I'm Judith, I live in Wick and I'm a Scottish Cultural Studies student at UHI. In my spare time I am creating a project to make a film about the 1745 Jacobite Uprising.
I hope that everyone has now realised I'm not a "spammer"- in fact I'm looking forward to being a member of this online community.

Thank you, and welcome to the forum. now I'll go take a look at your survey.

TudorRose
25-Nov-10, 18:17
Survey done, its very quick to do, I'm sure I didn't even take a minute!
Good luck with your studies. :)

peedie man
25-Nov-10, 19:13
done and dusted

Logical
25-Nov-10, 19:40
Ok, your not a bot, I'm sorry.

I'll fill in your survey when i get time to.

Just a heads up, judging by other threads on here at the moment a "Hello, can i have a moment of your time to talk about the...." doesnt go down well with a lot of Orgers. ;)

upolian
25-Nov-10, 20:06
Ok, your not a bot, I'm sorry.

I'll fill in your survey when i get time to.

Just a heads up, judging by other threads on here at the moment a "Hello, can i have a moment of your time to talk about the...." doesnt go down well with a lot of Orgers. ;)

Not alot goes down with orgers in general:roll:

Survey completed.

Whitewater
25-Nov-10, 22:14
Hi fortyfiveproject,
I've filled in your project survey form, but I'm afraid I don't think I have been of much help, I am not really aware of any omens of death.

Good luck with your project

fortyfiveproject
26-Nov-10, 10:02
Thank you again to everyone who has filled in the survey :D and for all the good luck messages! Your help has been very gratefully received. I am about to close the survey so that I can start writing up all the data...:confused This is where all that good luck will come in very useful!!!
Thanks again!

fortyfiveproject
25-Jan-11, 21:10
Sorry to bring this ancient thread back up but I just thought I'd let you know that I got a really good mark on this project. Thank you so much for filling in the survey and for all your positive comments :) - I couldn't have done it without you!!! Thanks!

TudorRose
26-Jan-11, 15:34
Sorry to bring this ancient thread back up but I just thought I'd let you know that I got a really good mark on this project. Thank you so much for filling in the survey and for all your positive comments :) - I couldn't have done it without you!!! Thanks!

I'm pleased that your project went well for you. It's good when you receive feedback on the results of help given, it makes it seem more worthwhile to help others, when they ask for help with their college projects.

All the best,

TudorRose :)

cherokee
26-Jan-11, 16:55
Yes, can I just second that TudorRose !

Nice to know of a good outcome, and I'd also like to wish you all the very best on your course. ;)