PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Vouchers

Donnie
24-Nov-10, 20:13
Hello,

I wondered if anyone could offer me some suggestions. I was looking to get a member of my family a restaurant voucher for xmas, but as it has been sometime since I lived in Caithness i'm not sure of anywhere that would do them, or is any good.

So i'm open to suggestions. They live in Thurso but drive so anywhere in Caithness would be good, i'm not really concerned about cost.

I noticed the Captains Galley does them, what like is this place?

bella
24-Nov-10, 20:18
I got my 2 brothers meal vouchers last christmas one for the smiddy inn in Thrumster and the other for the park hotel in Thurso both of them said they had a great meal and have went again since.

scorpion
24-Nov-10, 20:26
The Castletown Hotel and the Norseman Hotel in Wick both do vouchers

AfternoonDelight
24-Nov-10, 20:39
No 1 Bistro and the Bord De Leau in Wick both do beautiful food.

cat
24-Nov-10, 20:53
def Bord de L'Eau! fantastic food every time!

Scania144
24-Nov-10, 21:10
The food at the Captains Galley is terrific. We were there in Oct, you can choose either a 3 or 4 course meal.

bridgeend
24-Nov-10, 21:14
In Thurso The Park Hotel,in Wick Norseman or Queens hotel.
All three are very good

_Ju_
24-Nov-10, 21:18
The School house restaurant in John O'Groats is very good and a lovely experience in the winter with a real fire and very friendly!
I am not sure if they do vouchers but my guess is they do.

Hobbit
24-Nov-10, 22:15
Captain's Galley is fantastic and the staff are great too. If you want a memorable evening this is the one for you.

2little2late
24-Nov-10, 22:21
If it's just a pub meal, then the Smiddy, Thrumster or Norseman. I would recommend the Top Loft in Scrabster. A+++++++++++++++++++

kitty
24-Nov-10, 22:34
The Ulbster Arms in Halkirk is good and do vouchers

bluechesse
24-Nov-10, 23:57
The Ulbster Arms in Halkirk is good and do vouchers
Yup, Ulbster is really really good. Top Nosh!

theone
25-Nov-10, 02:50
The red pepper in the holburn does vouchers and I've always found it to be nice.

Hoida
25-Nov-10, 10:40
The Bistro in Thurso do vouchers and I have given them on several occasions and friends have always been delighted with thefood and the service:)

Bazeye
25-Nov-10, 12:52
Robins.......?

Hobbit
26-Nov-10, 00:45
The Bistro in Thurso do vouchers and I have given them on several occasions and friends have always been delighted with thefood and the service:)
Food's fine there but it's a bit cramped and not what I would look for if I wanted a special night out.

Robins.......?
Now you're talking :lol: there's not a lot wrong with a good chippie and you'd have change left over for a bottle of plonk to wash it down with!