PDA

View Full Version : Who do we believe weather wise ?

Chrisf1961
24-Nov-10, 11:45
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11827592

The BBCs web site says heavy snow from Thursday on in Eastern Scotland

But the met office shows nothing for up here ?
Im well confused? perhaps i should go by our resisdent weather ladies forecast or just wait and see what happens !

sam
24-Nov-10, 11:53
I find if I go by mother nature and just take what comes on the day its the best way to know exactly what the weather is doing as most give a bit of everything,
that way they are sure to get something right:roll:

upolian
24-Nov-10, 11:59
I find if I go by mother nature and just take what comes on the day its the best way to know exactly what the weather is doing as most give a bit of everything,
that way they are sure to get something right:roll:

100% agree with you!!

rob1
24-Nov-10, 12:18
I tend not to bother with the BBC weather since I saw an online forcast which had a maximin temperature lower than the minimim temperature.

Gronnuck
24-Nov-10, 12:38
Since last year I’ve regularly visited accuweather.com (http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/index-forecast.asp?postalcode=KW14%208XN) and tugmistress.co.uk (http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/) to keep up to date with what’s happening weatherwise. I also look out for any other news Tugs cares to share with us on the general thread. I’ve found the information to be very accurate with only one exception last winter. For some reason the east end of Scarfskerry doesn’t get snow. Perhaps it’s too exposed and the wind just blows it away before it has time to settle.

chocolatechip
24-Nov-10, 23:56
I hope we don't get to much snow as I am going to Inverness in a fortnight with some friends to Eden Court!! We got to leave between 3 and 4 in the afternoon and travel back that Night!!!

brandy
25-Nov-10, 02:27
Tuggs.. that is who i believe and no one else *laughs* if she said that it was going to rain marshmallows tomorrow.. i would be out with the choc. waiting!

Tugmistress
25-Nov-10, 11:14
Tuggs.. that is who i believe and no one else *laughs* if she said that it was going to rain marshmallows tomorrow.. i would be out with the choc. waiting!

hahahaha that made me laugh, thank you :lol: i must remember to try that ;)

silverlady
25-Nov-10, 11:22

Marshmallow alert!! Yesterday Co-op Wick had NO marshmallows left :(. Had to tour aboot in the sleet and found them at Malcolm's shop. So if they start falling from the sky, get a biiiiig bucket!!!:lol:

Sandra_B
25-Nov-10, 12:08
When it comes to the weather I believe what I see when I look out the window.

Bazeye
25-Nov-10, 12:55
When it comes to the weather I believe what I see when I look out the window.

What if theyre all frosted up and you cant see anything?

Better Out Than In
25-Nov-10, 13:45
My old day used to swear by the snails in the Po Valley. If they bury themselves deeply you know bad weather is coming.

Anji
25-Nov-10, 17:08
I've always trusted Tugs more than the Met. office, but more so now.

The Met. office forecast for midnight tonight in Thurso says Fog and Good Visibility.

Am I missing something there!!??