PDA

View Full Version : Hello .orgers

lauraspetportraits
09-Aug-06, 21:18
Just wanting to say Hi to you all :)

My name is Laura, and me and my fiance and 4 dogs are moving to Wick next month from Wiltshire. I have been lurking here for a while reading the posts and looking at the jobs, so thought i'd say hello.

Look forward to chatting to you all, and maybe even meeting some of you when we come up.

Laura
--x--

unicorn
09-Aug-06, 21:19
Hi Laura
Welcome to the forum!! :)

Kingetter
09-Aug-06, 21:22
Big Change - but I'm sure you'll adapt. Good Luck with the move.

Yvonne
09-Aug-06, 21:30
Hi Laura :)

Safe journey and hope the move doesn't prove to be too stressful.
Possibly many beach walks in store for your four-legged friends!

What do you make of the forum, after browsing from the shadows incognito??! ;)

candyfloss
09-Aug-06, 21:34
Hi Laura,
welcome to the org, good luck with your move, i'm sure you'll love it up here :)

lauraspetportraits
09-Aug-06, 21:36
Ooh replies already how exciting!!

Yes big change, but really excited about it, looking forward to the challenge and adventure.

Found a beach nearby (reiss sands i think?)for 4-legged hooligans, 2 springers, 2 boxers, just been looking on the animal photographs and smiling at all those wet muddy muttlys, my boys (springers) are going to love it! lol.

Great forum, everybody seems really friendly and great way to get to know people and the are. Big thumbs up :D

Rheghead
09-Aug-06, 21:46
Great forum, everybody seems really friendly and great way to get to know people and the are. Big thumbs up :D

I hope you have a good flit and settle down ok. I try always to be friendly on this forum but not everyone can reciprocate if they see a difference of opinion. My best defence is honesty, it has served me well for 40 years. If you are honest with the caithnessian people then they will also try to appear to do so in return.

Good luck!

Elenna
09-Aug-06, 21:56
Hello Laura :) Welcome to the org, and best wishes with the move! I'm sure you are going to enjoy living in Caithness very much.

carasmam
09-Aug-06, 22:12
Hi Laura Hope you will be doing your pet portraits up here. I came across your site the other day - lovely pictures. Plenty doggy people in Caithness so you'll have loads of new friends in no time :D

Wish
10-Aug-06, 00:36
Ohh you lucky things, best of luck with your move:cool:

Hope you don't think i'm being too nosey, but was it difficult to find jobs for both of you in the area?

Thanks x

Big Jean
10-Aug-06, 00:40
Hi Laura and welcome to the org. Good luck with your move .

Fran
10-Aug-06, 00:41
Have sent you a pm

krieve
10-Aug-06, 07:57
Welcome Laura, best of luck with the move and welcome to the org.:D

paris
10-Aug-06, 08:12
Hi Laura, You will love it up there, i did, but had to move back to Linc's. Wish i was still there ,people are great and so is caithness. Good luck jan x

bigjjuk
10-Aug-06, 08:17
Good luck Laura,
I too made to long move from London to Wick, you wont regret it, its awesome up here, I can say a bad word about anything in this county. Ok the weather is rotten in winter but I think thats part of the areas character

See you around

Jay

Ricco
10-Aug-06, 09:01
Hi, Laura. Welcome to the org.

lauraspetportraits
10-Aug-06, 17:40
Hello Jan & Jay, thanks for the words of encouragement from those who have made the move.

Wish - not found jobs yet:confused , so hopefully it won't be too hard!! :D

Laura
--x--

Liz
10-Aug-06, 18:40
Hi Laura

Welcome to the org!:D

Hope your move goes smoothly and that you will enjoy staying in Caithness.

Sure your dogs will love their runs on Reiss beach!

Gleber2
10-Aug-06, 18:41
If you are honest with the caithnessian people then they will also try to appear to do so in return.

Is this a veiled compliment Rheghead?

Welcome to the Org, You don't have to be crazy to be an orger but it helps.

percy toboggan
10-Aug-06, 19:07
Wiltshire to Wick? Quite a change. Especially if you mean Swindon !!
What's prompted it may I ask? Do you have links with the area or do you just want to get as far away from southern England as possible?

Whatever your answer I wish you well. The people of Caithness are for the most part magnificent. Though modesty demands I admit I'm not one of them.

lauraspetportraits
10-Aug-06, 19:57
I'm coming from Warminster which is reasonably rural.

Reasons for moving:
1. My fiance's cousin and her family moved from Somerset to Drumnadrochit 18 months ago and we've visited them several times and just fell in love with the Highlands.
2. The house prices are horrendous in Wiltshire, we would be paying double down here for the sort of house we're buying in Wick, so that was a big pushing point.
3. Because we want to, we're in the situation we can, so we're just going for it!! :lol:

Laura
--x--

taylor.4
10-Aug-06, 20:04
Hi Laura Welcome:lol: hope the move goes well:Razz

percy toboggan
10-Aug-06, 21:39
I'm coming from Warminster which is reasonably rural.

Reasons for moving:
1. My fiance's cousin and her family moved from Somerset to Drumnadrochit 18 months ago and we've visited them several times and just fell in love with the Highlands.
2. The house prices are horrendous in Wiltshire, we would be paying double down here for the sort of house we're buying in Wick, so that was a big pushing point.
3. Because we want to, we're in the situation we can, so we're just going for it!! :lol:

Laura
--x--

Good luck. I know Warminster well. Is Martin's the newsagent still in the precinct, next to the pie shop?

Caithness is the lowlands beyond the Highlands but I'm sure you know that already.

TRUCKER
10-Aug-06, 22:36
Hi Laura Hope You Love Caithness And Its People.

lauraspetportraits
11-Aug-06, 16:46
Good luck. I know Warminster well. Is Martin's the newsagent still in the precinct, next to the pie shop?

Caithness is the lowlands beyond the Highlands but I'm sure you know that already.

Yes, martins is still in the mall, the pie shop's gone though! How do you know Warminster?

Yes I know where Caithness is :lol: I include anything north of Inverness in my use of the word Highlands (apologies if this is incorrect :( ).

Kingetter
11-Aug-06, 18:48
include anything north of Inverness in my use of the word Highlands

Good enuff for me.

Buttercup
11-Aug-06, 19:27
Hi Laura, Welcome to the org. and Caithness when you eventually make the move. Hope it lives up to your expectations. All the best.