PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper delivery - Wick

Kiwi
23-Nov-10, 16:16
Does anyone know of a shop in Wick which would deliver newspapers to Caithness General Hospital (reception) daily, for a few weeks? The order would need to be set up using a debit or credit card.

Have tired DR Simpson but they don't have card facilities.

I know newspapers used to be sold in the wards every day but this is no longer the case, and it can be a very long day for a patient who is in hospital for a while.

Thanks.

silverlady
23-Nov-10, 17:06
Thats a lovely idea Kiwi, but please check with Medical Records Manager before setting anything up. I remember that a local paper shop used to send a trolley every day to the hospital sellling papers and magazines.

Kiwi
23-Nov-10, 17:11
Yes I have done, and as I said above there is no longer a trolley going round the wards, so patients don't have access to newspapers unless their visitors bring them.

It's a long day for patients who don't have frequent visitors as they can't get a newspaper at all.

Venture
23-Nov-10, 18:02
Kiwi, D R Simpsons do have card facilities. I use my card within the shop.

Fran
23-Nov-10, 21:17
So do i use my card there. there is someone delivering papers in the hospital, but it is not a newspaper shop. I will find out and post on here

snowflakes400
23-Nov-10, 22:04
after spending 5 days in hospital last week i bought a sunday paper from jhon malcoms trolley on a sunday going round the wards sunday only but i asked the guy why they dont do it during the week his reply was that they do the wards on a sunday but will deliver to reception on week days for self pick up if you wish so you can speak to john malcolm hope this helps

sweetpea
24-Nov-10, 00:21
Try Hughie Malcolm's in Wellington St.:)

Kiwi
24-Nov-10, 09:51
Although the shops have card facilities, they are not able to take card payments over the telephone.

Anyway, just spoke to a really helpful man in Malcolms and they will deliver for free to the hospital - and the patient can just pay the bill on a Sunday (the only day that the papers ARE delivered to the wards).

Fantastic service :) and thanks for all the replies.

ashaw1
24-Nov-10, 10:51
I can't quite believe that DR's cannot take card payments over the phone. The way small businesses are struggling these days you think they would be glad of the business.

I can understand if they only one phone line they could not take the payment while the customer is still on the phone but how difficult is it to put the phone down then enter the details?