PDA

View Full Version : where can i find christmas boxes?

cecile
23-Nov-10, 10:14
hi erveryone
im looking for small cardbord boxes to fill with a mix of biscuits but being a newcomer,i have no clue whatsoever where i could find some
thank you for your help
cecile

puffin croft
23-Nov-10, 13:04
try the craft shop in wick,in the centre of town,there have lots of christmas craft stuff.good luck!

selkie
23-Nov-10, 13:15
Card shop in Dempster street would be another possibility I think

orkneycadian
23-Nov-10, 13:39
So much for austerity....

Get yourself round to any shop of any description - Corner shop to Tesco. They will be delighted to get rid of no end of cardboard boxes of all sizes and shapes. Line with, and cover with Christmas paper, chuck in the biscuits, job done!

Amazes me how much the Post Office get away with selling cardboard boxes for, when most folk are chucking them out / setting fire to them!

:cool:

Gronnuck
23-Nov-10, 14:25
Cecile you don't say where you are :confused.
In Thurso you can buy plain coloured boxes, i.e. red, gold and silver in the ‘everything’ shop next to the bicycle shop in the High street, (Shore Street end). The Factory Shop next to Caithness Horizons have Christmas designs on their boxes, Santa, reindeer etc. The 99p Shop across the road has similar boxes too. Sizes vary from around 4”x 6” by 2” deep up to about 12”x 9” by 4” deep, (guestimate).
The Kiln Store off Couper Square has lovely coloured ‘glitter’ boxes in various colours and sizes.
Jim Bews, the Newsagent in Olrig Street has a variety of shallower boxes in different sizes. They have a self-coloured bases with decorated Christmassy lids.
Happy hunting.

Kevin Milkins
23-Nov-10, 15:37
Cecile you don't say where you are :confused.

Lapland, of course.;)

cecile
23-Nov-10, 15:53
THANK YOU ALL
i am in halkirk so went to thurso this morning but could not find anything to my taste so will try my luck in wick tomorrow , thanks for your ideas!!

cherokee
23-Nov-10, 16:51
http://www.kid-at-art.com/htdoc/lesson16.html

Maybe you'll get an idea from this site cecile?

I made a batch of boxes last Christmas for family members using different coloured card and motifs for each individual.

You can get beautiful coloured/designed card from BBC Crafts on Bridge Street, Wick to make them to your specific requirements, may I also say that they are much cheaper to make yourself than to buy !!

Good Luck !

TudorRose
23-Nov-10, 19:31
Hi Cherokee,

Thank you for your link to making the Christmas boxes. I intend to have a go, during this cold weather. Making your own seems a good idea, you won't have the same boxes as you see in the shops.

All the best,

TudorRose :)