PDA

View Full Version : Re: Fingers or Fiction?

dpw39
09-Aug-06, 16:37
In this ever-changing I.T. environment of today, it always helps if you can touch-type especially as a mispelt search word such as caithnes.org which takes you this site http://www.caithnes.org. At first I thought I had finally lost the plot in life and was meandering down that road to eventual futile senility. Is there such a thing as a "leach" type of virus of some description?

Or is it part of caithness.org ? bit like a subsidiary, is it a type of scammer thing that redirects you...whatever.

Maybe someone else has come accross this problem and I would be interested to hear.

It always reminds me of that old chestnust about the extremely busy high-flying business couple who where trying to balance their appointment schedules in the year, and the only slot was when the husband flew a day earlier than his wife who had to attend a distant aunt's funeral.

On arrival he duly got his top of the range laptop logged onto the internet and sent her this quick reply to let her know he had arrived safely. " Hi Honey, have arrived, bloody damnedhot here, am waiting patiently to meet you tomorrow after the funeral".

Unfortunately in his haste to to get out to the pool outside to cool down due to the present heatwave they where experiencing, he inadvertently missed out a letter in the email address.

Mrs Smith, the wife of the local highly respected minister who they had laid to rest that day, was accessing their email box for emails from family and friends, when she read the following: " Hi Honey, have arrived, bloody damned hot here, am waiting patiently to meet you tomorrow after the funeral".

One click and it's gone forever,

Ciao,

Dave the Rave :cool:
dpw39
aka dysfunctional_senile_delinquent@hotmail.com