PDA

View Full Version : lottery winner forced to pay ex wife £2million!!

annemarie482
22-Nov-10, 14:50
what a shocker for this man!!
i'm not sure i agree this is fair.....in fact it certainly isn't.
whats your views?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101122/tuk-lottery-winner-forced-to-pay-ex-wife-45dbed5.html

Big N Rich
22-Nov-10, 14:55
He should have only paid the maintenance lump sum and told her to get on her bike (which he has now paid for)

brandy
22-Nov-10, 15:08
fair enough he pays for his daughter but what a chancer! she left him for another man.
if anyone should be paying its her!

RecQuery
22-Nov-10, 16:24
Seriously coming back ten years after the fact WTF. Then again the divorce and family court system does tend to favour women. Also if one parent is is living comfortably is it really ethical to ask the other to pay support. Regardless of it's intent I doubt all the money will go towards the child.

emb123
22-Nov-10, 17:48
Some things are just wrong eh?

She ditches him to go off with some other guy with no regard for him whatsoever and then he gets a lucky break ten years later and she decides she still wants to carve a bit more of him.

Like I said on another thread, some people are just not nice people :)

Wonder how it would have worked out if it HAD gone to court.

Garnet
22-Nov-10, 20:56
B/awful...no it's not right, she's the type that give women a bad name, under the circumstances if he'd left her (with the child) for another woman then yes he should pay up...but he didn't...she did. BUT then I don't know all the circumstances, maybe there's more to this than meets the eye..interesting. ;)

oldmarine
22-Nov-10, 21:31
After all those years after she left him for another man it must have been difficult for this guy. However, it could have been worse with him required to pay more. I wonder how much the attorney profitted from this? They are the ones who usually get most of the money.

Hobbit
26-Nov-10, 01:02
I think that if I had won £56m I wouldn't mind paying £2m to the mother of my child. He still has £54m to play with after all!

bluechesse
26-Nov-10, 02:26
I think that if I had won £56m I wouldn't mind paying £2m to the mother of my child. He still has £54m to play with after all!
Really? Even after she left you for another man?:eek:
I'd sooner give 50 million to the child under the condition that the money grabbing conniving cow didn't see a bean of it[lol]

If he had got up and left her for another woman, I could see the justice in it. Obviousley there may be more to it that Yahoo have reported, but, on the face of it at least, she left him for someone else several years ago. She's made her bed! The courts should have told her to beat it.

Hobbit
27-Nov-10, 00:32
I just couldn't be that vindictive and let's face it he has plenty left to go around. If it makes life easier for the child's mother then it follows that the child will benefit too. What else is money for than to make life better and the guy can feel rich in the knowledge that he has risen above the situation and done his best for his child and its mother. After all they once felt enough for one another to create that child whatever subsequently happened.

brandy
27-Nov-10, 00:40
i would def. give money to his child, put it in trust for her but have it tied up that the money is to be used for her.
im sorry but i have no sympathy for the woman.
she cheated on her husband and destroyed their family.
i could have understood a lot easier if they had just grown apart and the marriage couldnt
be fixed and filed for divorce.
that dosent seem to be the case.
she did not care enough for her daughters well being that she was running around while she had a toddler at home.
now 10 years later she is grasping for what she can get.
from what i read he offered her a million anyway, and she wouldnt accept it.. demanded 4 mil.and took him to court.
cheeky cow

neilsermk1
27-Nov-10, 10:37
I suppose the fact that he paid up is some measure of the man.
With £56M in the bank he could have spent a lot of money on lawyers fighting the claim.
i am just worried about the precedent it has set.
Can my ex come back through the courts and get 4% of that bottle of whiskey I won in a raffle last week.

oldmarine
27-Nov-10, 16:48
Really? Even after she left you for another man?:eek:
I'd sooner give 50 million to the child under the condition that the money grabbing conniving cow didn't see a bean of it[lol]

If he had got up and left her for another woman, I could see the justice in it. Obviousley there may be more to it that Yahoo have reported, but, on the face of it at least, she left him for someone else several years ago. She's made her bed! The courts should have told her to beat it.

I agree with bluechesse & hobbit on this one!!!

bluechesse
27-Nov-10, 22:22
I just couldn't be that vindictive and let's face it he has plenty left to go around. If it makes life easier for the child's mother then it follows that the child will benefit too. What else is money for than to make life better and the guy can feel rich in the knowledge that he has risen above the situation and done his best for his child and its mother. After all they once felt enough for one another to create that child whatever subsequently happened.
I dont consider my self to be particularly vedictive either. But she left him for another man. 10 years ago. What on earth makes her think she is due a penny of his good fortune now?
Im sure that there are many ways to make the childs life easier with out giving in to her mother's greed. I think its an absolute injustice that she's managed to get her hands on a penny of it. As mentioned earlier, a dangerous precedent.