PDA

View Full Version : All i want is to Hire a JCB , why is it so hard ?

north_skye
09-Aug-06, 12:47
All i want is to hire a JCB for an afternoons work to finally tidy up the house plot . But it seems an impossible task, Either every JCB in the county is in use or the ones that aren't, are for a good reason , Because the price is to high per hour . I know the going rates , i can even drive and operate one myself , has business forgottten the little man ???

Frustrated ........[disgust]

Kingetter
09-Aug-06, 13:28
You need the full size version or a 'digger'?

Ricco
09-Aug-06, 14:26
If I remember rightly, some time ago there was a digger in Thurso, with bloke, that seemed to do a very good job.... of driving through someone's fence. He/it must be about somewhere.:lol:

Oddquine
09-Aug-06, 16:40
What kind of price you looking at paying? We hired a small JCB without driver to excavate a road at a price we thought reasonable..........but it rather depends on what you consider reasonable.

ice box
09-Aug-06, 18:31
Try Alan Ross at Ross plant hire newton hill wick his number 01955 603697 .

I think he delivery and collects .

north_skye
09-Aug-06, 20:21
yes i need a full size one , as i have 2 pallets of tiles to shift , so must have toes on it as well although most do. What do i consider reasonable well between £16-£19 per hour with driver , I have hired one in the past while we were building without a driver for £8 per hour but unfortunately he has sold it now . I live on the wick side so really thurso is out of the question as travel time costs money as well . Not sure of ross plant hire do they have a JCB ? last time i hired a track machine from them but didn't seem to have any JCB's I have some earth that needs shifted and a JCb is the quick Sensible option as track machine buckets aren't big enough to do the Job quickly.

I suppose whats bugging me is folk say they get back to you with a price and when you phone again it's out on Long term hire ok there right to make money but surely everyone started with small jobs and i think they seem to have forgotten that [disgust]

paris
10-Aug-06, 08:06
Dont know if she can help or not but porshiepoos hubby has one, they are in lybster.