PDA

View Full Version : cat crap

molly16
21-Nov-10, 20:30
does anyone know how to keep neighbours cats from crappin in my garden .apart from shotgun or poison

shamrock2007
21-Nov-10, 20:37
They say orange skins are supposed to stop the cats & they don't like water

changilass
21-Nov-10, 20:42
Nothing works, have tried everything.

Apparently we are just supposed to accept it as they have the right to wonder.

Keep threatening to collect the dogs poo and return the favour, but apparently that aint the done thing.

bekisman
21-Nov-10, 22:52
Have a look at these?: http://www.bestpestcontrol.co.uk/cat--dog-repellers-10-c.asp?gclid=CIj-6qnysqUCFcgf4QodYWiYXg

annemarie482
21-Nov-10, 23:35
get a dog?

henry20
21-Nov-10, 23:43
different people swear by different things, so not sure whats your best:

moth balls, pepper dust, scent off (gel or pellets), chicken manure pellets, silent roar (lion pellets) or sonic repellers

chicken manure pellets or silent roar double up as fertilisers.

changilass
21-Nov-10, 23:44
You cannae leave the poor dowg out all day, especially not in this weather.:lol:

Whichever part of the garden the dog is in the cats just go in the other bit where he can't reach them.

upolian
21-Nov-10, 23:58
Train the cat to use a toilet[lol]

Beat Bug
22-Nov-10, 00:05
A spray called Cat-a-pult works wonders!

Pastychomper
22-Nov-10, 14:29
different people swear by different things, so not sure whats your best:

moth balls, pepper dust, scent off (gel or pellets), chicken manure pellets, silent roar (lion pellets) or sonic repellers

chicken manure pellets or silent roar double up as fertilisers.

I used to live near someone who used a sonic cat repeller, I've no idea if it worked on the cats but I can tell you it wasn't above the human hearing range. If they hadn't turned it off at night (which may defeat the object) they might have found it reduced to small pile of scrap by morning. :mad:

Human urine sprayed around the edge of your 'territory' (preferably from a bottle, unless you have a really secluded garden ;)) is also supposed to keep various animals out. I've heard it has to be from a man as it needs certain hormones to be effective.

ducati
23-Nov-10, 16:31
does anyone know how to keep neighbours cats from crappin in my garden .apart from shotgun or poison

If you shoot or poison the neigbours, who's going to feed the cats? :eek:

Sianymo
23-Nov-10, 21:12
I used to have that problem.... and it drove me nuts.. However I did manage to win the war in the end.
Get a couple of packs of those green pea sticks from the garden centre or gardening shops and poke them into your flower beds a couple of inches, leaving quite a long piece above ground. Don't leave gaps between them big enough for a cat to get in and squat, so you use quite alot, and don't space them out too much...

I refrained from sharpening the ends... but it still did the trick! Looks a bit odd to start with too but come spring the flowers and bushes cover them up.
:D

debsj01
24-Nov-10, 14:15
we have the same problem and it drives me nuts! can never let kids just go out and play without checking the garden first.
I have heard that a mans urine will sort the problem and bottles of water placed around the garden.
during the summer last year kids had those little windmill things and we stuck them in the grass and i think that helped a little bit you know the movement and reflection or something.

Kathy@watten
24-Nov-10, 16:06
You can buy tiger/lion crap online...apparently this keeps them away as when they sniff they assume there is a large feline about and stay away...tho I doubt if tiger/lion poo is great stuff to have about!

Wicksy
24-Nov-10, 17:37
Yip, same problem in our garden too..

I put down a mixture of chilli, cayenne and black pepper power in my borders, re-did the black peppper a few times and had no mess in it....so far its done the trick, but now they started on the lawn, what to do is put it down where they do the toilet so they dont come to same spot....

But yes very annoying!!

ducati
24-Nov-10, 19:53
Try talking to neighbours about cat proofing the garden to keep them in. It's surprisingly easy and they are a lot safer that way. (the cats that is)

Try talking to the cat owners anyway, they may not be aware of the problem.

EDDIE
28-Nov-10, 14:43
Have a look at the link below.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217986

changilass
28-Nov-10, 14:46
I think anyone with a cat should have to buy all their neighbours one of these, why should folks who don't have cats have to be out of pocket?

changilass
28-Nov-10, 14:48
Try talking to neighbours about cat proofing the garden to keep them in. It's surprisingly easy and they are a lot safer that way. (the cats that is)

Try talking to the cat owners anyway, they may not be aware of the problem.

They are definately aware. One day I saw them actually lifting the cat into my garden. To say I had words, is an understatement. They thought I was being unreasonable, but at least they aint done it since.

Dadie
28-Nov-10, 16:22
A super soaker water pistol works well if you can catch the offender in the proccess!
Cats dont like being soaked.
Other than that make the ground hard to scrape so they cant dig either with stones or thorny twigs or lots of sticks.
Appy something they dont like the smell of (loads on the market).
Wear gloves when gardening!...wont stop them but stops you getting it under your fingernails!

ducati
28-Nov-10, 16:33
I think anyone with a cat should have to buy all their neighbours one of these, why should folks who don't have cats have to be out of pocket?

We have done that in the past, now we keep them in the garden-better all round. :D

changilass
28-Nov-10, 16:34
Can I be your neighbour Ducati?

ducati
28-Nov-10, 16:42
Can I be your neighbour Ducati?

Of course you can.

as long as she calls it a day at a reasonable time,zoomin around on that bloomin'broomstick

george1234
01-Dec-10, 21:38
orange peel