PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the bowl

Fluff
21-Nov-10, 13:16
The thread on jobbies reminded me of something I saw on TV the other day. It was on This Morning on Friday, and they mentioned that not everyone cleans the bowl after going (brush after every flush)

How often do you clean the loo? Every time? It seems somewhat excessive, it's not like food is eaten out of it!

brandy
21-Nov-10, 13:23
umm no i dont clean eveytime *Laughs* basically when it needs it..

billmoseley
21-Nov-10, 14:18
is that what the brush is for in the corner of the bathroom?

brandy
21-Nov-10, 15:11
yup, though i dont think most men know about it! ;)
try to bleach the bathroom about once a week... but basically when and as its needed..
saying that.. OMG! has the toilet changed the other day.. even with bleaching the bathroom.. the smell after the old toilet had come out! years of men in the house and dribbles hitting the floor and getting under the toilet!!
was so embarassed!

squidge
21-Nov-10, 15:14
Men don't seem to understand what a loo brush is for lol. I clean the toilet every morning. Rubber gloves and a special cloth for me. I like to use flash purple cleaner in it and once a week I bleach it. With wee ones I think it's important that my loo is clean no matter how chaotic the rest of the house might look. I hate a mucky loo. When I have been on holiday leaving teenage sons responsible I find that for stubborn marks or a bit of limescale a kitchen type greenie does the job. (don't stick it back on the draining board though ugh).

It's the only thing I am remotely obsessed with keeping clean.

Blarney
21-Nov-10, 15:16
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I bet plumbers have seen almost everything in their line of work so a few dribbles here and there would be nothing to them. :lol: Having said that, looks can be deceptive. I remember a social visit to a house where you could have eaten your dinner off the lounge floor but a visit to the loo revealed the most disgusting loo bowl imaginable. Left me howking.....and yes I declined that cup of coffee!!!

bekisman
21-Nov-10, 15:51
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I bet plumbers have seen almost everything in their line of work so a few dribbles here and there would be nothing to them. :lol: Having said that, looks can be deceptive. I remember a social visit to a house where you could have eaten your dinner off the lounge floor but a visit to the loo revealed the most disgusting loo bowl imaginable. Left me howking.....and yes I declined that cup of coffee!!!

One of those places where, if you DO accept a cup of coffee, you watch very carefully where they hold the cup, and make sure your lips only touches the part they didn't.. [disgust]

Gronnuck
21-Nov-10, 20:33
One of those places where, if you DO accept a cup of coffee, you watch very carefully where they hold the cup, and make sure your lips only touches the part they didn't.. [disgust]

Been there, done that, thankfully the scabs have all gone now :lol:;)

Hobbit
21-Nov-10, 22:20

It is VERY difficult (and looks very awkward) when you try to drink out of the wee bit of rim above the handle. We've all done it though!

bekisman
21-Nov-10, 22:37
It is VERY difficult (and looks very awkward) when you try to drink out of the wee bit of rim above the handle. We've all done it though!

memories, memories...

Venture
21-Nov-10, 22:46
Men.....brushes in the loo bowl.:confused:. We need to try and learn them how to aim all, straight into the bowl first.[lol][lol]

brandy
22-Nov-10, 00:21
your telling me! *laughs* i have three in this house... and every day its, please make sure you pee only IN the toilet no where else.. flush and MAKE SURE you wash your hands!