21-Nov-10, 10:43
i was wondering...
how to become a homehelp?
who employs the home helps up here?
what do you need to do it?
any info greatly appreciated.

lindsaymcc
21-Nov-10, 11:01
I would be interested in this too - I already do a lot for my elderly Granny, but having worked in a Nursing Home, the longer the elderly can stay in their own homes, the better. There is nothing more rewarding than helping in your own community. x

annemarie482
21-Nov-10, 11:25
lots of people seem to do it yet i've never see it advertised.

missmillie
21-Nov-10, 11:29
I work as a home help through the Highland council and I admit since doing this job I wouldn't want any other. When I started I just had experience in a care home but know people who havn't as you get full training its more important that you have the personality for it which asking about the job like this I would say you do. There are a few other places that do homecare and some are less "hands on" and more doing shopping and so on but my brain has gone blank on a Sunday morning as to the name of them but as soon as the coffee kicks in I'll let you know :roll: also I know the red cross took over some of the home care too and there are a few people that advertise wanting someone private. Good luck :)

plumber
21-Nov-10, 22:13
Home care office is in Bay Veiw House, Thurso. Ask for Kathleen McLeod or Arleene Kennedy. Phone 01847895444. They are always looking for staff.

poppett
21-Nov-10, 22:15
01847 895444 is the number for the homecare organisers for Highland council based in Bayview house in Thurso.

01847 895483 is the number for "Crossroads" based at Scrabster business centre.

Good luck in your quest.

cherokee
22-Nov-10, 14:42
Slightly off-thread here Annemarie, sorry..:o

But.....I advertised on here some months ago for someone to help out my Dad. It's the best request I have ever made in my life !!!

A lovely lady from Thurso replied and has been a total Godsend to my Father. She goes away and above beyond the "call of duty" and has such a caring nature.

She does so much for my Dad that she has not only changed his life but given me so much peace of mind.

She is one of a kind in my eyes and has become part of our family !! :)

A COMPLETE TREASURE !!!!

Fran
25-Nov-10, 20:07
The home help organiser is based in the hospital in wick.