PDA

View Full Version : Premium Text Message numbers - HELP PLEASE!!!!

dragonfly
20-Aug-04, 20:28
hoping someone can help here! I have a contract phone which my daughter uses (sensibly usually) but recently she has been receiving text messages from a couple of premium numbers and I am getting charged for receiving them [disgust]

I have tried sending UNSUBSCRIBE to them but not having had a reply confirming unsubscription not sure if successful or not. She says she has not subscribed to anything so unsure how to stop them for good. Tel Nos are 82468 & 82070

please if you can advise, I would be eternally grateful and much better off financially :D :D

Bill Fernie
20-Aug-04, 20:57
These appear to be Ringtone download numbers Go to http://www.cellphone-ringtones-logos-sms.com/ringtone_eachday.htm to see if this makes sense. You should be able to unsubscribe from the services by following the instructions. You will prbably nned to check out your own own phone service to unsubscribe. I traced this by entering the number in Google with the word text.

Naefearjustbeer
20-Aug-04, 20:58
When I took out a new contract phone I started recieving premium messages that the previous owner of the number had set up. I contacted vodafone and they traced all the premium services that were getting billed to my account and from the info that they gave I was able to stop the messages. The numbers I had to call or text to stop the messages were different from the numbers that the messages came from. try your mobile service provider and demand that they stop the messages or tell you how to do it

dragonfly
21-Aug-04, 16:01
Thanks both, I got a PM too so will try everything to see if I can stop the wretched things