PDA

View Full Version : Never had it so good?

ducati
20-Nov-10, 17:17
My mortgage is less than it has been for years, The shop prices seem reasonable. Certain things; clothes, cars, electricals are about where they were 5 years ago on price. Petrol is always on the increase so no change there. If I had a normal sort of job where you get a pay rise every year, I think I probably would be better off than I have ever been.

What about you?

Mrs Bucket
20-Nov-10, 17:25
My mortgage is less than it has been for years, The shop prices seem reasonable. Certain things; clothes, cars, electricals are about where they were 5 years ago on price. Petrol is always on the increase so no change there. If I had a normal sort of job where you get a pay rise every year, I think I probably would be better off than I have ever been.

What about you?

ditto.............

Corrie 3
20-Nov-10, 17:53
I have to watch the pennies but I manage ok. I have noticed that food prices seem to be rising at an alarming rate though which is worrying!!

C3....:)

lindsaymcc
20-Nov-10, 17:57
I agree with Corrie. Needing to watch how much im spending and on what, but the one thing that is alarming is the food prices. I used to be able to do a weeks shop for less than £80 (5 of us) now we are up to about £100 :confused

upolian
20-Nov-10, 18:32
My prices are due to increase,nout can be done with a vat rise!

ducati
20-Nov-10, 21:05
I agree with Corrie. Needing to watch how much im spending and on what, but the one thing that is alarming is the food prices. I used to be able to do a weeks shop for less than £80 (5 of us) now we are up to about £100 :confused

I've not really noticed this, although we are a houshold of Veggies so maybe it is meat products.

Gronnuck
20-Nov-10, 22:00
Petrol and Diesel prices on the rise. Food prices on the rise. Gas and electricity prices on the rise. VAT increase to 20% imminent. If you’re earning £100K these increases account for a fraction of your income but if you’re earning less than the average wage these increases account for a significant chunk of your income.
For Lord Young, who has more money than many of us can shake a stick at, he’s probably right, HE’s never had it so good. However for many of us there is little to be happy about.

dafi
20-Nov-10, 22:09
Your right there Gronnuck and its only going to get worse!!