PDA

View Full Version : Heidi

kitty
20-Nov-10, 15:14
This is the new addition to our family. Heidi. The first photo was taken the day we got her and the second photo just a week or so ago. She's a Doodle x Spollie. :)

The puppies were advertised on here so if you have one of her sisters or brother please put your photos up too.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nfc11/DSCF1424.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nfc11/DSCF1650.jpg

Commore
20-Nov-10, 17:30
Heidi is lovely, but no more nor less beautiful than our own puppies which are Golden Retriever x Collie crosses,
and of which "Jake" is one,
I am therefore, wondering why it s considered ok to breed a "designer dog cross" and not ok to have an accident wth a collie cross mum and a golden retriever dad,
the puppies are regardless, beautiful, healthy, well balanced babies.

:)

kitty
20-Nov-10, 20:39
Heidi is lovely, but no more nor less beautiful than our own puppies which are Golden Retriever x Collie crosses,
I am therefore, wondering why it s considered ok to breed a "designer dog cross" and not ok to have an accident wth a collie cross mum and a golden retriever dad,

I've seen pictures of Jake and think he is gorgeous. Heidi was an accident as well and was no way intended to seem like a designer dog. As for the spollie part of the cross..... my 2 other dogs are her grandparents and yet again that was an accident. I fully intended to breed my spaniel who can be seen in the picture with Heidi but with another spaniel but unfortunately my other dog Sam (collie) managed to mate with her after the spaniel. lol

Commore
20-Nov-10, 21:07
I've seen pictures of Jake and think he is gorgeous. Heidi was an accident as well and was no way intended to seem like a designer dog. As for the spollie part of the cross..... my 2 other dogs are her grandparents and yet again that was an accident. I fully intended to breed my spaniel who can be seen in the picture with Heidi but with another spaniel but unfortunately my other dog Sam (collie) managed to mate with her after the spaniel. lol

Well accident /s or not, both yours and mine are very beautiful puppies, and it seems to me that the "Collie's" of our respective canine families have a lot to answer for,
had it not been for our adopted (blind and deaf) Collie of only two years ago,
we would not have had our wonderful accidental puppies.

By way of interest, we have a male English Springer Spaniel, should you ever feel the need
or the urge, to add to your canine family again.
On the other hand, Heidi is just beautiful, and so maybe, a few more spollies around Caithness, would bring you fame and fortune for the "designer dog league",
you know, like the Americans and the elite of London.
:D

kitty
20-Nov-10, 21:24
Thanks Commore but i got Misty spayed as soon as i could after the first litter of puppies and as of yet i have no plans to take a litter from Heidi and am planning to get her spayed as soon as possible.

I didn't name our puppies Spollies to make them seem designer though i originally just called them that as it was less of a mouthful that saying springer spaniel x collie. lol :)

And thank you for saying how lovely Heidi is. I also think she is gorgeous but of course i am biased and if i didn't have 3 dogs already i would have no doubt gone for one of your puppies as i think Jake is just gorgeous

Commore
20-Nov-10, 21:49
Thanks Commore but i got Misty spayed as soon as i could after the first litter of puppies and as of yet i have no plans to take a litter from Heidi and am planning to get her spayed as soon as possible.

I didn't name our puppies Spollies to make them seem designer though i originally just called them that as it was less of a mouthful that saying springer spaniel x collie. lol :)

And thank you for saying how lovely Heidi is. I also think she is gorgeous but of course i am biased and if i didn't have 3 dogs already i would have no doubt gone for one of your puppies as i think Jake is just gorgeous

And thank you too, for sharing the lovely little Heidi and your comments about the handsome Jake too,
:)C

lindsaymcc
20-Nov-10, 22:59
Thanks from me too about the comment of my baby boy! He is an absolute star and I feel on top of the world right now!

jac1791
20-Nov-10, 23:05
x dogs are really good pets= best tempraments but when i was young they didnt have fancy names they were mongrals... didnt make us love them any less

kitty
20-Nov-10, 23:05
Thanks from me too about the comment of my baby boy! He is an absolute star and I feel on top of the world right now!

You're very welcome lindsay :). Actually showed the pics to my OH cause i thought he was that gorgeous

kitty
20-Nov-10, 23:08
x dogs are really good pets= best tempraments but when i was young they didnt have fancy names they were mongrals... didnt make us love them any less

You are very right jac1791. Heidi is very well behaved for her age and learns so quickly. but i also think that the younger dogs learn from the older dogs and they are both very good obedient dogs. It must be in the genes.

We actually call Heidi a 'bitsa' cause she's a bit of everything :D

Commore
21-Nov-10, 13:12
You are very right jac1791. Heidi is very well behaved for her age and learns so quickly. but i also think that the younger dogs learn from the older dogs and they are both very good obedient dogs. It must be in the genes.

We actually call Heidi a 'bitsa' cause she's a bit of everything :D

I would agree with that and certainly in our experience we have had very little tp do with such as toilet training and when the older dogs hear the word no, the puppies know "no" too,

_Ju_
21-Nov-10, 16:36

Planning a dogs pregnancy means that consideration is taken beforehand to the good homing of the litter. It does not matter whether or not they are pure bred as long as planning was involved. Accidents are not good for the welfare of the coming puppies and are often detrimental to the health of the bitch as well (as accident tend to happen in sucessive heats and without health evaluation or supplementation of the bitch. Accidents should not happen to responsible animal owners. Also, accidents happen once. Not twice or more times, as what tends to happen.
I know that you do not feel the same, Commore. When you work with animals you have to think less about the way you "feel" and more about the animals welfare.

Commore
21-Nov-10, 18:01
Planning a dogs pregnancy means that consideration is taken beforehand to the good homing of the litter. It does not matter whether or not they are pure bred as long as planning was involved. Accidents are not good for the welfare of the coming puppies and are often detrimental to the health of the bitch as well (as accident tend to happen in sucessive heats and without health evaluation or supplementation of the bitch. Accidents should not happen to responsible animal owners. Also, accidents happen once. Not twice or more times, as what tends to happen.
I know that you do not feel the same, Commore. When you work with animals you have to think less about the way you "feel" and more about the animals welfare.

I am treating this comment with the contempt it deserves!

You, like so many others on the org, have jumped upon the proverbial bandwagon,
you obviously believe me irresponsible, all I can say is you do not know me.
Oh and I do work with animals, lots of them.

Yet another lovely puppy thread ruined by someone nit-picking from my previous posts.

froal
21-Nov-10, 18:09
This is the new addition to our family. Heidi. The first photo was taken the day we got her and the second photo just a week or so ago. She's a Doodle x Spollie. :)

The puppies were advertised on here so if you have one of her sisters or brother please put your photos up too.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nfc11/DSCF1424.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nfc11/DSCF1650.jpg
Ahhh....!! she is sooo cute...!! is she gona grow much bigger or will she be about the same as misty..?

kitty
21-Nov-10, 18:51
Think she's def guna be bigger Zoe cause she already about the same size as misty and she's only about 16 wks old :)

froal
21-Nov-10, 19:43
Gosh really she's got a fare bit if growing to do then eh...!!:D
She really nice quite curly too..!!

_Ju_
21-Nov-10, 20:22
I am treating this comment with the contempt it deserves!

You, like so many others on the org, have jumped upon the proverbial bandwagon,
you obviously believe me irresponsible, all I can say is you do not know me.
Oh and I do work with animals, lots of them.

Yet another lovely puppy thread ruined by someone nit-picking from my previous posts.

1- You brought up your own litter of puppies in this thread. Not myself. If you did not want your puppies here, there was no need to bring them along, was there?
2- Your contempt is something I will just have to learn to live with. I don't believe I was being agressive, unreasonable or (current word of the month) a bully. But your contempt will not take away from the facts about animal reproductive control.
3- I will avoid discoring with anything you have to say in the future for fear of incurring more of your contempt, since discussion is not a possibility and I am not into false mutual back patting.

She is a beautiful dog Froal. And highly unlikely to have any of the recessive defects we have bred into our modern pure breeds. Many happy years! Sorry for having detracted from your puppy.

Commore
21-Nov-10, 20:29
1- You brought up your own litter of puppies in this thread. Not myself. If you did not want your puppies here, there was no need to bring them along, was there?
2- Your contempt is something I will just have to learn to live with. I don't believe I was being agressive, unreasonable or (current word of the month) a bully. But your contempt will not take away from the facts about animal reproductive control.
3- I will avoid discoring with anything you have to say in the future for fear of incurring more of your contempt, since discussion is not a possibility and I am not into false mutual back patting.

She is a beautiful dog Froal. And highly unlikely to have any of the recessive defects we have bred into our modern pure breeds. Many happy years! Sorry for having detracted from your puppy.

Ditto! my sentiments exactly.

kitty
21-Nov-10, 20:35
Gosh really she's got a fare bit if growing to do then eh...!!:D
She really nice quite curly too..!!

She's more sort of wavy. A few of the other pups were a lot more curly :)

kitty
21-Nov-10, 20:39
[/quote]She is a beautiful dog Froal. And highly unlikely to have any of the recessive defects we have bred into our modern pure breeds. Many happy years! Sorry for having detracted from your puppy.[/quote]

Thank you

Aside from everything else this thread has turned into..... She is indeed a very happy little puppy and i got her, not because of what breeds she is but because when i saw her i fell in love with her which is all that matters when you choose a pet for your family. For me its all about whats right to fit with your family not what status you can get by having a certain breed :)

froal
21-Nov-10, 22:40
Sorry....!! have i missed something or were you applying that comment to me personaly...!!:roll:

_Ju_
21-Nov-10, 23:35
I got mixed up, when looking back on finding the owner of the puppy. You quoted a post with photos of the puppy and I thought that you had actually posted the photos'. No conspiracy. Just a mistake. :roll:

teenybash
21-Nov-10, 23:48
Heidi is very beutiful and I love her open honest stare. She looks very confident for being so young....think she knows she is going to have a great life.:)

kitty
22-Nov-10, 08:48
Heidi is very beutiful and I love her open honest stare. She looks very confident for being so young....think she knows she is going to have a great life.:)

Thanks teenybash. She certainly is a very confident wee doggie. She knows exactly what she wants and goes for it no matter what :)