PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Job Seekers Allowance

Julia
20-Nov-10, 14:02
If your employer sacks you due to poor attendance etc.. will you be entitled to claim any benefits?

I'm pretty sure you get nothing for x amount of weeks if you quit voluntarily but not sure if you are fired, can't seem to find much about this scenario on the DWP or Jobcentre websites :confused

EDDIE
20-Nov-10, 14:11
If you pack in ure job voluntary you have to wait 3 months before you can claim your benifits
All that person can do is try applying for benifits and see how it goes but i would tell them the truth if they asked rather than porkys.

BillyEspie
20-Nov-10, 14:14
hi there Julia, if you left your job voluntarily then you wont be entitled to claim job seekers allowance for 6 months but you will be able to claim a hardship fund.

f your employer sacks you though you will be able to claim job seekers allowance. hope this information helps you out.

mrlennie
20-Nov-10, 14:17
I think you can try citizens advice or you could pultney town peoples project they give advice on benefits. Hope it goes alright it is a minefield.

Bazeye
20-Nov-10, 14:34
hi there Julia, if you left your job voluntarily then you wont be entitled to claim job seekers allowance for 6 months but you will be able to claim a hardship fund.

f your employer sacks you though you will be able to claim job seekers allowance. hope this information helps you out.

I thought that had been changed because if you wanted to pack your job in but couldnt because you were not going to get any money, you could just go and land one on your boss and get sacked.

BillyEspie
20-Nov-10, 15:00
here is a site julia that i found it might help out a little for you:- http://www.findlegaladvice.org/forum/Law-Legal-Jobs/Will-i-get-Job-Seekers-Allowance-if-i-39-m-dismissed-336107.htm