PDA

View Full Version : shop opening hours

daviddd
19-Aug-04, 21:49
I've been in caithness a long time now but still can't understand why local shops don't open to suit workers better. many of us have lunch 1 to 2 pm but most shops close so you can't use this time to shop. same at 5 pm - as soon as you finish they shut!! Why? :confused No wonder people are turning to mail order! Could I respectfully suggest that if they don't want to open longer hours due to staff wages etc. they open later instead e.g. 10 am instead of 9, then open at lunchtime or later. :D

wickchick
20-Aug-04, 19:25
great idea never really thought of it though you could maybe get someone else to do your shopping [lol]

ŠAmethyst
20-Aug-04, 19:27
I thought that's what housewives were for wickchick. lol :p

2little2late
20-Aug-04, 22:29
I think it's about time they moved forward with the times. When I lived in Wick, many a time we were "up the street" and we needed something from certain shops only to find they were closed. Bad for business I'm afraid. Have they not heard of staggered lunches?. I'm surprised they don't close during tea breaks aswell.

Come on you people, you're still living in the past. Move forward.

AR
23-Aug-04, 13:56
Have youever tryed going into the council to pay for things- immpossible. They open late, shut early, are shut on a saturday and at a hint of a bank holiday are shut. But i am told they are open at lunch times.....(no use for me though)

daviddd
23-Aug-04, 22:00
Although local shops pride themselves on their service they actually give poor service by not opening at convenient times. No chance of this thread helping though 'cos these shop owners will be so old-fashioned, bless 'em, that they won't be able to use a computer... :roll: