PDA

View Full Version : Man killed toddler while playing xbox

teddybear1873
18-Nov-10, 20:36
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20101118/tuk-man-killed-toddler-while-playing-xbo-45dbed5.html

I'm not saying I'm in favour of the death penalty, but today I am. How on earth does 21 years jail justify this?

annemarie482
18-Nov-10, 20:40
i hope he rots.
there is not a word i am permitted to use on here to describe THAT man.
and as for the mother?! she should be sterilised and locked up indefinately.
he should be sentenced to death by stoning except with ruddy x-boxes......

onecalledk
18-Nov-10, 20:45
It has echoes of the Baby P scenario. Convinctions for assault against former partner, previous injuries. THis is a 15month toddler so if this toddler had injuries why were they not picked up ?

Education and plenty of it is needed to stop other horrific deaths of children. I would wager domestic abuse in the mix as well. If he can do that to a child he would have no problem also doing that to a woman.

More education to young women about the dangers of the mix of violent partners and what can happen to their children if they stay with them.

Bully is too tame a word for what he has done to this child. Until society takes more interest in women and children this will continue to happen. This at a time when womens services are having their funding cut so there is LESS help out there.

By this I am not saying that the mother was innocent but nothing is reported to her life living with him. Assaults on children are not usually lone incidents with nothing happening to the mother. These men are abusers of both.......

K

ShelleyCowie
18-Nov-10, 23:05
Oh...my....god! Death isnt even cruel enough for what he deserves! [evil]

That poor child!! I cant say anymore...i will get banned!!

upolian
18-Nov-10, 23:33
She turned a blind eye!?!!?!!?!! Death sentence for both,id get banned if i was to type my full true thoughts!!

teddybear1873
18-Nov-10, 23:37
She turned a blind eye!?!!?!!?!! Death sentence for both,id get banned if i was to type my full true thoughts!!

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Seems it don't exist.

Bazeye
19-Nov-10, 00:34
I would quite willingly operate the trap door for scum like him. Id be smiling at him while doing it.

Nacho
19-Nov-10, 02:26
I would quite willingly operate the trap door for scum like him. Id be smiling at him while doing it.

nah man, that'd be too quick for my liking

we visited the torture museum in Prague a few years back, whereas i wince at the thought of innocents of yesteryear suffering these methods, i think there's a modern day application for the especially worthy

http://www.medievality.com/torture.html

i'd start with the knee splitter, then god willing (or St. John's Ambulance) strap him to the breaking wheel.

RecQuery
19-Nov-10, 08:40
Unpopular opinion again - Seriously, you'd turn yourself into a torturer and a murderer for people like that; if you seek revenge did two graves. I pity them more than anything else, I'm glad I'll never be like them.

John Little
19-Nov-10, 09:48

Hear hear!

bekisman
19-Nov-10, 10:11
Sometimes it's good news;
(12th Oct 2010) 'A child murderer whose case was the first to be show on TV's Crimewatch has died after being found unconscious in his cell, the Prison Service said today.
Paul Hutchinson, who in January was jailed for life after he raped and strangled Colette Aram in a country lane in 1983, was found unconscious in his cell at Nottingham Prison yesterday morning and could not be woken by staff.
It's thought that he may have taken an overdose of tablets he had acquired in a secret stash.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319742/Crimewatch-sex-murderer-Paul-Hutchinson-dies-prison.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319742/Crimewatch-sex-murderer-Paul-Hutchinson-dies-prison.html)

Torvaig
19-Nov-10, 10:34
Don't know about anybody else but the headlines of this thread (bearing in mind this is a local forum) made my heart stop. I don't mind people discussing what is in the news but do we really need the methods used by the press to grab our attention?

Please go easy on the sensational headlines..... the content is tragic enough without them.

Corrie 3
19-Nov-10, 11:20
Don't know about anybody else but the headlines of this thread (bearing in mind this is a local forum) made my heart stop. I don't mind people discussing what is in the news but do we really need the methods used by the press to grab our attention?

Please go easy on the sensational headlines..... the content is tragic enough without them.
Sorry Torvaig but when a game on a X-box becomes more important than a life then I think we all need to know about it, its no good sweeping it under the carpet. I have always worried that these type of games become addictive and can take over your life and it doesnt surprise me that people will actually kill if someone interupts their "game".

C3.....:mad:

squidge
19-Nov-10, 11:40
Corrie .... Anything would have been more important to this individual than the baby's life. Too many children continue to live in violent households despite statistics on domestic violence showing a decrease. Cuts are going to mean less front line help for women and children stuck in this terrible situation and the lack of joined up thinking between social services and health services mean that identifying families before the situation gets critical will become harder and harder.

Torvaig
19-Nov-10, 13:08
Sorry Torvaig but when a game on a X-box becomes more important than a life then I think we all need to know about it, its no good sweeping it under the carpet. I have always worried that these type of games become addictive and can take over your life and it doesnt surprise me that people will actually kill if someone interupts their "game".

Believe me, I have no wish for this to be swept under the carpet and I most certainly have no objections to it being discussed here but, as per my quotes and my opinion.....

"Please go easy on the sensational headlines...the content is tragic enough without them."

onecalledk
19-Nov-10, 18:03

The Xbox was incidental to what he did to the child, if it wasnt while playing his xbox it would be that he was tired or that the child was making too much noise. THe x box is the headline to grab our attention as sadly there are too many children dying at the hands of murderers such as this one. This is not about computer games .....

K

annemarie482
19-Nov-10, 18:15
it does however highlight an example of "gaming addiction".
i find it amazing how many grown men are obsessed with games consoles!!:roll:

Corrie 3
19-Nov-10, 18:27
it does however highlight an example of "gaming addiction".
i find it amazing how many grown men are obsessed with games consoles!!:roll:
So am I annemarie, I feel ashamed to be a Man at times, I am sure we all get tarred with the same brush.
The fact is though that quite a few Men do just not grow up and are easily distracted with things rather than concentrate on the important things in life...(Like wife and children)......:)

C3...:)

John Little
19-Nov-10, 18:37
"The fact is though that quite a few Men do just not grow up and are easily distracted with things rather than concentrate on the important things in life...(Like wife and children)"

There's an echo round here somewhere.......;)

Serenity
19-Nov-10, 22:33
Unpopular opinion again - Seriously, you'd turn yourself into a torturer and a murderer for people like that; if you seek revenge did two graves. I pity them more than anything else, I'm glad I'll never be like them.

Agree with this.

Nacho
20-Nov-10, 00:10

okay, maybe i wouldn't be able to carry out or witness the torture/death of this guy, i'm pretty squeamish, but i'd raise a glass at the news that they've been removed from society

i don't understand why you would pity them ? i've only got pity for the victim

i've no time for the argument that the abused goes on to become the abuser, if anything they should have more understanding of the pain and suffering their victim goes through.
if the abused does go on to become an abuser, then they deserve everything that's coming to them, i'd do away with nonce wings and let them serve their porridge with the real unsavouries

i respect your opinion, but could you please explain why you pity them ?

annemarie482
20-Nov-10, 00:26
i agree nacho and my opinion is that if the punishment was much heavier then it may act as a deterrent and help prevent.....

RecQuery
20-Nov-10, 15:19
okay, maybe i wouldn't be able to carry out or witness the torture/death of this guy, i'm pretty squeamish, but i'd raise a glass at the news that they've been removed from society

i don't understand why you would pity them ? i've only got pity for the victim

i've no time for the argument that the abused goes on to become the abuser, if anything they should have more understanding of the pain and suffering their victim goes through.
if the abused does go on to become an abuser, then they deserve everything that's coming to them, i'd do away with nonce wings and let them serve their porridge with the real unsavouries

i respect your opinion, but could you please explain why you pity them ?

Well beyond the fact that justice is supposed to cold and unemotional, it's hypocritical and detrimental to society as a whole to sentence someone to abuse whether directly or indirectly.

I pity them because they are that pathetic, I pity them because they thought that's how people should act, not because of assumed previous abuse, I don't consider that a valid explanation for anything.

Say you're sitting in restaurant and there's a kid misbehaving, running around and throwing food. His mother decides to punish him by cracking a bottle of wine over his head, throwing him to the ground, and kicking him repeatedly. What would your opinion be in that in that situation. It's not analogous you say. Well then is there anything that boy could have done that would have justified what his mother did?

I'm consider myself fairly liberal but very hard on crime, I will not turn myself into a monster for some small satisfaction however.

As for the harsher punishment argument - take drug dealers for example they live under the fear of much harsher punishments every day than we could deal out. You think the death penalty would stop that; our executions are a lot nicer than theirs.

These two should have not been allowed to have kids in the first place.