PDA

View Full Version : would you like one?

brandy
18-Nov-10, 19:54
ok heres the question,
as residents of this county would you like and visit a subway sandwich shop?
is it a viable option?
would it be welcomed?
thanks for answering!!
brandy

MusicWicker
18-Nov-10, 20:02
Ive looked into it before and you need to buy the franchise and the equipment from Subway. The Subway name is only around £5000 but the equipment etc amounts to about £80,000. So it would take a brave someone to go for that in this economic climate, especially in Wick or Thurso

brandy
18-Nov-10, 20:06
its now up to 10,000 so with start up fees depending on how much work you put into it.. could cost anywhere from 70,000 to 170,000. which is why a lot of research really needs to go into it.

annemarie482
18-Nov-10, 20:14
i voted nope.
but because im very happy with the lunch box in wick.
far better quality than the sub ;)

changilass
18-Nov-10, 20:17
Nope, I am more than happy to have it as a one of treat when in Inverness, on a daily basis I would rather save the money and make my own.

Didn't vote cos I wouldn't go to the chippy for a butty either.

Scarybiscuits03
18-Nov-10, 20:23
Not really bothered - Subway aren't as appealing as they once were, don't seem to be as good either.
Now a Greggs on the other hand - yummy sarnies, ssg rolls, steak bakes...Mmmmmm

teddybear1873
18-Nov-10, 20:28
Subway.............Forget it, they are a rip off and not worth buying. There's more rabbit food inside their subs and hardly any meat. They seemed quite good about 3 years ago, but have gone downhill. Their subs won't even fill the cavity in my tooth.

Corrie 3
18-Nov-10, 20:43
It put me off Subway when I read about that Assistant wiping his nose on the lettuce. They have never appealed to me and after that they never will!!

C3...:eek:

http://www.hullbikers.com/sheffield/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://www.hullbikers.com/sheffield/viewtopic.php?p=207302&sid=962a276dee8594d9a9224049cfd90659#p207302)by Numb Bum (http://www.hullbikers.com/sheffield/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1075&sid=962a276dee8594d9a9224049cfd90659) » 13 Mar 2009, 08:59
Lettuce nose-stuffer avoids jail

A West Midlands sandwich bar worker who was prosecuted after footage of him stuffing lettuce up his nose appeared on YouTube has avoided a jail term.

Richard Benjamin Shannon, 22, of Castle Street, Brownhills, was ordered to do 300 hours of unpaid work for last year's offence at Subway in Brownhills. He claimed the incident was a prank and the lettuce was discarded and not sold. Walsall magistrates said he had avoided a jail term due to his "early guilty plea" and because he had shown remorse.

In the footage taken on a friend's mobile phone Shannon was also seen putting lettuce leaves in his mouth and spitting them out. Shannon, who was prosecuted under the miscellaneous provisions in the Public Order Act, could have been jailed for up to six months. He was arrested after an irate woman hurled a chair at him after recognising him in the clip on the video-sharing website, Walsall Magistrates' Court heard.

(What happened to the woman who threw the chair? - was she prosecuted for attempted assault?)

Magistrates' chairman Elizabeth Baugh, who viewed the video footage, said his actions could have merited a custodial sentence. She told him: "Your actions caused great distress, not only to the public who consume this food, but also to the company. "I think you have learnt a very, very serious lesson."

Shannon's defence solicitor, Shelia Hicklin, said the offence was a sign of his immaturity. "He had absolutely no idea that the person who was in the shop with him was going to put this on YouTube. "I don't think there has been any suggestion that any member of the public was harmed." She said that no-one would have eaten the lettuce because it was discarded.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 937945.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7937945.stm)
Mike.

http://www.hullbikers.com/sheffield/download/file.php?avatar=1075.gif (http://www.hullbikers.com/sheffield/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1075&sid=962a276dee8594d9a9224049cfd90659)

ducati
18-Nov-10, 20:47
Subway? I'd rather eat dog poop!

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 20:49
Not a fan of subway, had one on my doorstep in England and never went in!

Phill
18-Nov-10, 20:56
Try something a little different. Don't be a slave to a mindless brand.

Ricco
18-Nov-10, 21:42
Not really. Cheap. skimpy nasty things only surpassed by a MuckyDonalds. Now, if it were a Quiznos it would be a different story!

*Martin*
18-Nov-10, 22:31
I'm a huge fan of the Samwich shop!

I had a meatball marinara out of Subway one time and it was like eating rubber! DISGUSTING!!!

ShelleyCowie
18-Nov-10, 22:53
i used to be partial to a subway as a treat when we were down in Ness, now i will NEVER go in! I realised how many calories were in their subways whilst watching "food, what goes in your basket" on telly a few weeks back.

And.....i can make better for cheaper myself! Also love the sandwich shop in thurso. Staff are excellent and their food is delicious!

Kevin Milkins
18-Nov-10, 23:19
I didn't vote because I had to Google Subway to find out what it was.:confused

Judging by the replies so far though, I would say it would be a tough shift in the far North, especially as there are plenty of choices already for fast food.

teddybear1873
18-Nov-10, 23:30
Does Caithness really need a fast food chain?

BIG NO NO.

Bazeye
19-Nov-10, 00:37
Not enough population to make it viable imo.

Venture
19-Nov-10, 10:30
Why do you have to make it a Subway shop? Surely just somewhere that makes fresh sandwiches etc would be the same. I think there are plenty places in town where you can buy sandwiches anyway. Now if you were thinking about opening a Costa Coffee or a decent Italian restaurant, I'd definitely be first in the queue.;):)

rob1
19-Nov-10, 10:57
There are perfectly good sandwich shops in the county.

I had a 'sub' from subways once and it was rank.

The Flea
19-Nov-10, 11:17
I love subways!!! They have a lot more healthier options that local shops.

teddybear1873
19-Nov-10, 13:32
I can't understand whats so good about Subway. It's a foot long peice, some salad and meat thrown on with extra olive oil.......It's a no brainer.

Pastychomper
19-Nov-10, 13:54
Subway's always been as close as you can get to a fast food chain that I like - mainly because they give the option of some real salad, instead of just hiding a shred of week-old lettuce under a burger.

On the other hand they tend to be more expensive than most independant fast food places, and the menu had gone downhill last time I went* so I voted 'not bothered.'

*in other words they weren't doing barbecue rib. :Razz

Vistravi
20-Nov-10, 12:33
I do like subways but as i am not a fan of salad at all i usually get a plain sandwich anyway. Never costs that much but still costs less to make myself. There is a shop called lettuce eat in ness that does fantastic sandwiches. I tend to go there for one when i am down in ness now. I can get what i want alot cheaper than in subway. It's nice to have someone else make you one once in a while lol.

EDDIE
20-Nov-10, 14:18
Ive been to the one in inverness its not that great you would be better with a drive through macdonalds instead now that would get a lot of business

flash
20-Nov-10, 14:45
Love subway and they do the best coffee too

mrlennie
20-Nov-10, 15:35
Could be a disaster investment, I think why haven't any other fast food places decided to come up here?