PDA

View Full Version : Underactive Thyroid

Fantoosh
18-Nov-10, 17:36
I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid just over a year ago. My thyroid is now stabilised through taking medication, so I dont feel nearly as worn out and tired as I did. Im just still feeling really down about my weight. I put weight on so easily no matter how hard I try. I am in active job where I am on my feet for 8 hours a day. I am also starting to get slight memory loss, which I am getting upset about. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there with some tips, etc. I have tried to read up on my condition, but I feel the doctors have given me no advice really.

Idlewild
18-Nov-10, 17:40
I have had a diagnosed underactive thyroid for the last 10 years. I also am very active but struggle with my weight. I too have the memory loss so have got notes and lists everywhere as I am so scared that I will forget something important! To be honest I haven't had a lot of advise from doctors and have relied on others in the same situation or the internet. Sorry not much help but feel free to PM me x

goldilocks
18-Nov-10, 17:49
Hi

I too was diagnosed with a Underactive Thyroid and like you I have it stabilised thro medication, which I hate taking I have to say, I wish there was something that could be done to correct it but the Doctor said that I'm stuck with it for the rest of my life, never told me anything about the condition really and never told me that I'd put weight on, I was alway a size 8, weighing only 8 stone, I am now upto 9 stone and I aint too happy about it......Lol..... I also suffer from memory loss quite badly that if I dont write it down it gets forgetton about..... But I suppose its part o the condition, now if I had the Overactive Thyroid I'd be loosing weight, ye canna win.... Mind you I'd prefer the later one...
I feel like you that even tho I have read up about it and seen leaflets on it, it still hasn't helped, I still feel tired, still sluggish and its not like I just sit around, I am very busy everyday, I just feel all my energy has been zapped away... Apparently it runs in the family, but nobody else has it in my famliy....
Not really sure what else to say apart from your not alone and if you want you can get in touch..... :)

Julia
18-Nov-10, 18:50
I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 14 years ago, did not realise memory loss was a symptom, that explains a LOT!

I've been on a huge dose of Thryoxine for years (250mcg), I get my TSH/T4 levels tested every 6 months but during my pregnancy it's been every 4 weeks. My main symptom was falling asleep but now I've starting feeling the cold more (or maybe that's just my age :eek:)

The one and only benefit if you have hypothyroidism is you are entitled to free prescriptions for life

Hoida
18-Nov-10, 19:09
Have all the above symptoms mentioned before and there is little or no advise from GP Memory loss is not too much of a problem but piling on the weight and feeling the cold is a nightmare.I have been on medication for about 15years now with blood tests every 4-6months.

badger
18-Nov-10, 19:13
Very interesting. I was putting my weight down to lack of exercise and memory loss to age. Maybe now I have an excuse.

Fantoosh
18-Nov-10, 19:52
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. :D It really sounds like nothing can help the weight loss :( I cant believe a GP would let someone get so big that they would need a gastric band. Thats major surgery, that surely could have been prevented? Will a doctor not put thyroid patients on weight loss tablets? Im not overweight yet, but I would rather prevent it than have to cure it. Has anyone ever talked to a doctor about that? Im thinking about making an appointment, but I keep thinking I will just be turned away and it will be a waste of both our times. I have read up on the condition and I have learned that calcium should not be consumed with or near the time of taking medication. I used to take my tablets with my cereal and milk... Also, tap water and white bread are two of the foods that are not meant to be eaten/drunk. I only drink tap water, and I eat white bread all the time. Its things like this you would think the GPs would explain....

Alice in Blunderland
18-Nov-10, 22:24
I was under the impression that once you stabilise with Thyroxin this should help with your weight. :confused

The thyroxine is to help bring your thyroid levels back to normal almost the same as everyone else's. So although you suffer from an underactive Thyroid gland the Thyroxine should get you back on an even keel.

I would go back to your GP regarding this, ask as many questions as you need to at your next appointment write them down on a bit of paper before you go in to remind you. :):

ShelleyCowie
18-Nov-10, 22:59
I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid a few years ago. i took the medication, got bloods taken regularly and everytime i got my bloods checked they changed my tablets. I went back to the doc and explained i felt worse when taking the tablets. i was tired constantly, felt low and unmotivated (not like me at all) he said my thyroid levels were dangerously low and to continue with the tablets.

Eh no chance! So i stopped taking them. i got my motivation back and lost weight OFF the tablets. When i fell pregnant with Jay the midwifes took my blood and checked my thyroid levels, nothing wrong with them. checked back....there was 1 or 2 slightly low counts but can be explained by poor diet (i like my food)

So...i refuse to take tablets like that unless i really have too! Might be worth asking the doc what your thyroid levels actually are or get a 2nd opinion. :)

Garnet
18-Nov-10, 23:51
On being diagnosed with hypothyroidism some years ago I remarked to a colleague that I (like yourselves) was underactive, to which she replied 'I hope you don't think you'll loose weight!! Unlike yourselves I'm only tested once a year and no I didn't loose weight just gained as I'm afraid is very common, some do manage to loose weight and all of the other symptoms mentioned are also very common. however if any of you get to the root/cure of these other probs....please let me know.
Shelley, i can only conclude that possibly you were mis-diagnosed initially but not unprofessionally, it's sometimes difficult to diagnose, hope this helps.:)

starflower
19-Nov-10, 00:22
I know this sounds a bit weird but it is nice to hear other people with the same problem. I have just been diagnosed with underactive thyroid in July and thought i was losing the plot due to sleeping all the time no motivation forgetting things couldnt understand what was happening.

I did feel relieved when they found it was my thyroid started the medication and still have to go every month to get checked didnt realise that it could take up to a year for your levels to get sorted, as for my weight thought it was to do with me stopping smoking in january, but now have been going to slimming world which has helped me get back on track, and now starting to feel better.

Did discover there are some very good books about thyroid which explained a lot as well.

Fran
19-Nov-10, 01:16
I have had an underactive thyroid for nearly 15 years and am now on 75mg of thyroxine daily. i wasnt aware of the memory loss and not to eat bread or drink tap water.
I still get tired and my hair has been falling out so that was why the increase in medication. also you can become diabetic and aneamic so that could explain the tiredness etc. I put on a hell of a lot of weight but lost a lot recently.Lots of good info on several web sites.
We should have an underactive thyroid meeting and have a good chin wag about our condition!!!

Garnet
19-Nov-10, 01:44
Can't say I've ever heard of not eating bread or drinking tap water..you learn something new every day nor have I heard of becoming diabetic or aneamic due to this condition, I'll have to check that out with GP, I always thought they were due to other unrelated conditions, however overweight can 'possibly' contribute to diabeties but do check with GP's on all these points. regards G.

gillsib
19-Nov-10, 08:34
Hi

I have been struggling with an underactive thyroid for the past 18 months. Its just stabilised. I am so relieved that others have said that they have memory problems - when i mentioned it to the doctor he said they would have to keep an eye on it - i thought he was referring to me starting to have some sort of mild dementia!!! Sometimes I go to ring someone and I cant remember their number or I go to take Levothyroxine and think I might have taken one earlier and double dose!! So i have started to write the days on the tablets.

My weight is the heaviest it has ever been but I have never been slim. I started to go to the swimming pool in the hope this will help so heres hoping! Its good to talk to others and share experiences - its a bit of a relief actually.

squidge
19-Nov-10, 09:14
I too have an underactive thyroid. It is worth remembering that left untreated thyroid problems can lead to a type of madness - some might say we are there already. Up until the fifties lots of people ended up in psychiatric hospitals who actually just had thyroid problems.

Scunner
19-Nov-10, 12:10
Its so good to hear that others have weight problems with an underactive thryiod. I've been battling being over weight since years. The dose has stayed the same since years, but I cannot lose weight. Did lose some weight a few years ago, but was walking 2 miles every day. Have been unable to walk since some time due to a bad knee, eventually having total knee replacement last week. (Clips out today) So maybe in the New Year I will try and start again.

Keep taking the tablets.

~~Tides~~
19-Nov-10, 15:43
I've got underactive thyroid too!

Was diagnosed 5 years ago, when I was 15. Now on 100mcg daily.

I, like most people on here, didn't know about memory loss, but now it makes a lot of sense. I have a hellish memory, terrible with people's names (I know most people say that, but I'm chronic), also always forget funny things that have happened which is frustrating, makes telling anecdotes difficult. Never remember quotes and book after I've read them, or cases (which especially makes my degree a lot more difficult). Ye get the picture.

Also feel so drained most afternoons, that I cant do anything. Generally found sleeping on a desk in the library, which is a bit embarassing. Motivation is pretty terrible too.

Weight has never really been a problem, which I suppose is a blessing. Although I've puut a few pounds on since stopping squash.

All this in spite of the fact that every time its tested, it seems to be stable and at the right level.

This is my experience of it anyway. Good to hear other peoples.

ps. Why shouldn't someone eat bread or drink tap water?

captain chaos
19-Nov-10, 19:43
I also have an under active thyroid, diagnosed around 7 years ago and I am male. I was told it was much rarer in males than women and this thread would seem to confirm this.

I am now on 175 micro grams creeping up almost every blood test which I have every 6 months.

I do also have short term memory problems, long term recall seems okay.

I can now almost tell when my level needs upping as I get tremors in the hands.

shazzap
19-Nov-10, 21:50
Hi

I too was diagnosed with a Underactive Thyroid and like you I have it stabilised thro medication, which I hate taking I have to say, I wish there was something that could be done to correct it but the Doctor said that I'm stuck with it for the rest of my life, never told me anything about the condition really and never told me that I'd put weight on, I was alway a size 8, weighing only 8 stone, I am now upto 9 stone and I aint too happy about it......Lol..... I also suffer from memory loss quite badly that if I dont write it down it gets forgetton about..... But I suppose its part o the condition, now if I had the Overactive Thyroid I'd be loosing weight, ye canna win.... Mind you I'd prefer the later one...
I feel like you that even tho I have read up about it and seen leaflets on it, it still hasn't helped, I still feel tired, still sluggish and its not like I just sit around, I am very busy everyday, I just feel all my energy has been zapped away... Apparently it runs in the family, but nobody else has it in my famliy....
Not really sure what else to say apart from your not alone and if you want you can get in touch..... :)

Heres the other side, had an over active Thyroid, and i put on weight. Also your remark about rather having over to under, i don't think you would want either. An over active Thyroid if left untreated can cause amongst other things, heart problems, i was very tired, clumsy, anxious, shaky and i put on weight not lost it. I was first treated with carbimazole, then a few months later had it nuked with Radio Iodine Therapy. Which is a radio active tablet. Since having this done i have not been able to stabilise, and have to take 50mg but after a while feel sluggish, very tired and forgetful and have bowel trouble. So then have to take 75mg, but have to stop it when i get jittery and have loose motions. I have recently found that if i take 50mg for 6 days, then 75mg for 1 day, i feel more normal.

pierre
20-Nov-10, 00:44
I'm the same, (underactive thyroid) had it since about 4 years now and its a nightmare!! The doctors I used to be with didn't take it seriously, I even had to suggest to them to do a blood test for it going by symptoms I was having, they put me on 25mg, hardly ever did blood tests and never changed the medication even though I was constantly having different problems. When I moved into town and was at the doctor for yet another chest infection that wouldn't shift and expained how I was feeling whole time and all the problems I was having he looked at previous blood tests and my history and told me I was on far too low a does and this is whats causing all the problems! I had to go through the stages of going up gradually and tested each time before going up again, which itself came with yet more problems but am now on 100mg and unfortunately the doctor that was dealing with me and was really good with it all is no longer available and the other doctors tell me my levels fine even though still having some problems, I just have no faith in them but how do you know differently?! Previous to my thyroid problems I was never at the doctors and was pretty healthy.

I have had various problems but weigh gain has been one of the worst and drives me mad, have never by any means been slim but never had the issues I do now and you want to try and lose it but are so tired all the time with no energy and no motivation it is a struggle!

And after reading this post, glad I did, the memory thing makes sense!!! I was wondering what was wrong with me, though I was going dottled and I'm only 29, friends would speak about things and say you were definately there how don't you remember etc etc so now I know its just another problem to add to the list.

I think its more common than you'd think but its also something I find people don't take seriously or have no idea the problems it causes. To be honest I don't find the doctors take it all that serious either which is frustrating.

Would be good to know more about it and especially what levels should be etc and ask for the actual results from blood tests.

shazzap
20-Nov-10, 01:28
As i said i had Hyperthyroidism ( over active ), but instead of loosing weight put it on. Once your Thyroid is removed either by surgery or Radio Iodine, you become Hypothyroid ( under active ).

If i don't take enough Levothyroxine, i become tired sluggish, bloated and constipated etc etc. If i take too much i am still tired but, am jittery and am constantly on the toilet. My blood tests are OK on the 50mcg, but i don't and can't run properly at that level, on the 50mcg all the time. So have found out myself, through trial and error to some times take 75mcg.
As i said to the doctor, even though your TSH T4 and T3 may be showing in the permitted levels, but. Not every one can surely run at the same level metabolically.

pierre
20-Nov-10, 12:15
Sorry Shazzap, not sure if I caused confusion there - I forgot to say mine was underactive - just added to previous post.

I think it depends on your doctor re the levels - because one of the nurses told me that every doctor treats it differently and some only go by the levels from your blood results and some go by that but take the symptoms into consideation so depending on what doctor you see one will tell you you are fine as levels are ok or the other will say well your levels are showing ok but its not right you are still have these symptoms and possibly trial changing the dose, so it makes me think then its pot luck on what doctor you get and their attitude towards it, which is the same with everything you go to the docs with but when you have this for life you want to know they are getting it right and taking everything into consideration.

BillyEspie
20-Nov-10, 12:55
Hypothyroidism - Underactive Thyroid
Hypothyroidism means a reduced level of thyroid hormone (thyroxine). This can cause various symptoms, the most common being: tiredness, weight gain, constipation, aches, dry skin, lifeless hair and feeling cold. Treatment is usually easy by taking a tablet each day to replace the missing thyroxine. Treatment usually works well and symptoms usually go.
What is hypothyroidism?
Thyroxine is a hormone (body chemical) made by the thyroid gland in the neck. It is carried round the body in the bloodstream. It helps to keep the body's functions (the metabolism) working at the correct pace. Many cells and tissues in the body need thyroxine to keep them going correctly.
Hypothyroidism means that the thyroid gland does not make enough thyroxine. It is often called an underactive thyroid. This causes many of the body's functions to slow down.
(In contrast, if you have hyperthyroidism, you make too much thyroxine. This causes many of the body's functions to speed up.)
What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
Many symptoms can be caused by a low level of thyroxine. Basically, everything 'slows down'. Not all symptoms develop in all cases.
Symptoms that commonly occur include: tiredness, weight gain, constipation, aches, feeling cold, dry skin, lifeless hair, fluid retention, mental slowing, and depression.
Less common symptoms include: a hoarse voice, irregular or heavy menstrual periods in women, infertility, loss of sex drive, carpal tunnel syndrome (which causes pains and numbness in the hand), and memory loss or confusion in the elderly.
What are the possible complications of hypothyroidism?
If you have untreated hypothyroidism:
If you are pregnant, you have an increased risk of developing some pregnancy complications. For example: pre-eclampsia, anaemia, premature labour, low birth weight, stillbirth, and serious bleeding after the birth.
What causes hypothyroidism?
Autoimmune thyroiditis - the common cause
The most common cause is due to an 'autoimmune disease' called autoimmune thyroiditis. If you have an autoimmune disease, the immune system makes antibodies against certain tissues of your body.
With autoimmune thyroiditis, you make antibodies that attach to your own
thyroid gland which affect the glands function. The thyroid gland is then not able to make enough thyroxine, and hypothyroidism gradually develops. It is thought that something triggers the immune system to make antibodies against the thyroid. The 'trigger' is not known.
Autoimmune thyroiditis is more common than usual in people with:
A family history of hypothyroidism caused by autoimmune thyroiditis.
Down's syndrome. Hypothyroidism develops in 1 in 3 people with Down's syndrome before the age of 25 years. Symptoms of hypothyroidism may be missed more easily in people with Down's syndrome. Therefore, some doctors recommend that all people with Down's syndrome should have an annual blood test to screen for hypothyroidism.
Turner's syndrome. Again, an annual blood test to screen for hypothyroidism is usually advised for people with this condition.
An enlarged thyroid gland (diffuse goitre).
A past history of Graves' disease, or thyroiditis following childbirth.
A personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders. For example, vitiligo, pernicious anaemia, Addison's disease, Type 1 diabetes, premature ovarian failure, coeliac disease, Sjogren's syndrome.
Some people with autoimmune thyroiditis also develop a swollen thyroid gland (goitre). Autoimmune thyroiditis with a goitre is called Hashimoto's disease. Also, people with autoimmune thyroiditis have a small increased risk of developing other autoimmune conditions such as vitiligo, pernicious anaemia, etc.
Surgery or radioactive treatment to the thyroid gland
How is hypothyroidism diagnosed?
A blood test can diagnose hypothyroidism. A normal blood test will also rule it out if symptoms suggest that it may be a possible diagnosis.
Your doctor may advise a repeat blood test every so often to see if you do eventually develop hypothyroidism.
Other tests are not usually necessary unless a rare cause of hypothyroidism is suspected.
How is hypothyroidism treated?
The treatment is to take levothyroxine (thyroxine) tablets each day. This replaces the thyroxine which your thyroid gland is not making. Most people feel much better soon after starting treatment. Ideally, take the tablet on an empty stomach (before breakfast). This is because some foods rich in calcium or iron may interfere with the absorption of levothyroxine from the gut. (For the same reason, don't take levothyroxine tablets at the same time of day as calcium or iron tablets.)
What is the dose of levothyroxine?
Most adults need between 50 and 150 micrograms daily. A low dose is sometimes prescribed at first, especially in those over 60 or with heart problems, and is then gradually increased over a period of time. Blood tests are usually taken every 2-3 months, and the dose may be adjusted accordingly. The blood test measures TSH (see above). Once the blood TSH level is normal it means you are taking the correct amount of levothyroxine. It is then common practice to check the TSH blood level once a year. The dose may need adjustment in the early stages of pregnancy. Also, as you get into late middle age and older, you may need a reduced dose of levothyroxine.
How long is the treatment for?
For most people, treatment is for life. Occasionally, the disease process reverses. This is uncommon apart from the following:
Children. Sometimes hypothyroidism is a temporary condition in older children. (This is not so for children who are born with an underactive thyroid.)
Pregnancy. Some women develop thyroid imbalance after having a baby. If it occurs, it typically happens about three to six months after the birth. Often this lasts just a few months and corrects itself. Treatment is needed only in a small number of cases. However, afterwards it is wise to have a yearly blood test as there is an increased risk of developing autoimmune thyroiditis and long-term hypothyroidism in the future.
If you take too much levothyroxine it can lead to symptoms and problems of an over-active thyroid. For example, palpitations, diarrhoea, irritability, and sweating, and increases the risk of developing osteoporosis. This is why you need blood tests to check that you are taking the correct dose.
Other medicines may interfere with the action of levothyroxine. For example, carbamazepine, iron tablets, phenytoin, and rifampicin. If you start any of these medicines, or change the dose, then you may need to alter the dose of the levothyroxine. Your doctor will advise. Also, if you take warfarin, the dose may need to be altered if you have a change in your dose of levothyroxine.

goldilocks
20-Nov-10, 16:35
Stupid question I know, but what would happen to you if you have an under active thyroid and you stop taking your tablets all together.......

Julia
20-Nov-10, 17:09
Stupid question I know, but what would happen to you if you have an under active thyroid and you stop taking your tablets all together.......

If hypothyroidism is left untreated then the symptoms will gradually worsen. This can lead to infertility, high cholesterol, heart disease, and increased risk of miscarriage or having a baby with birth defects. In extreme cases it is possible to develop a life-threatening condition such as heart failure or severe depression. When thyroid hormones reach extremely low levels a condition known as myxedema coma can develop. This is a medical emergency that is fatal if untreated, and usually requires intravenous injection of thyroid hormones.

Margaret M.
21-Nov-10, 05:42
I no longer have a thyroid and I can usually tell when my medication needs to be adjusted. If a specialist is an option, you should definitely go that route. I was having my levels checked by my regular doctor but she was prescribing medication based on the blood test results alone and I was feeling lousy. She referred me to an endocronologist a few years ago and he always gets the dosage just right. He takes how I am feeling into account and doesn't prescribe simply based on the blood test numbers. The dosage he prescribes is very different from that prescribed by my regular doctor.

I take my synthroid pill in the morning and I don't eat or drink anything, other than water, for an hour afterwards. If the dosage is right, you should feel as good as ever and all of the hypo symptoms should disappear, including memory loss and weight gain.

shazzap
21-Nov-10, 12:26
I no longer have a thyroid and I can usually tell when my medication needs to be adjusted. If a specialist is an option, you should definitely go that route. I was having my levels checked by my regular doctor but she was prescribing medication based on the blood test results alone and I was feeling lousy. She referred me to an endocronologist a few years ago and he always gets the dosage just right. He takes how I am feeling into account and doesn't prescribe simply based on the blood test numbers. The dosage he prescribes is very different from that prescribed by my regular doctor.

I take my synthroid pill in the morning and I don't eat or drink anything, other than water, for an hour afterwards. If the dosage is right, you should feel as good as ever and all of the hypo symptoms should disappear, including memory loss and weight gain.

I am the same as you, in that i do not have a Thyroid.If you don't mind me asking did you have surgery, or The Radio Iodine Treatment, like myself. I find that the blood tests alone are not enough, and that most GP's do not understand about what you mean when you say you are not right even if your blood tests come back ok. Like i said not every one runs at the same pace. I now go by how i am feeling, and adjust my meds myself. I also wait until about an hour or so before i eat. I must say though that getting your meds to correct levels has been hard for me.

Lingland
21-Nov-10, 16:11
Im another one with thyroid problems. I never realised the symtoms included poor memory I honestly thought I might have been starting with dementia I am so relieved although it is still worrying. I have never been offered any advice from my GP but maybe I should be the one asking questions. I also only get tested once a year.

Margaret M.
21-Nov-10, 18:27
If you don't mind me asking did you have surgery, or The Radio Iodine Treatment, like myself.

Both. I had thyroid cancer so I had surgery to remove the thyroid and some lymph glands and the radioactive iodine later. You don't realize what a powerful organ the thyroid is until it is gone. Since I had cancer, I had to periodically come off my meds for several weeks to have whole body scans done to make sure the cancer was gone. Whenever I had to do that, the weight piled on in no time and I felt really crummy. As soon as I started back on the meds, the fuzzy brain, and all the other symptoms disappeared and the weight came right off. Now the scans can be done without coming off meds but it has been 15 years since the surgery so I no longer need the scans.

After I stopped having the scans, the endocronologist referred me back to my regular doctor and that was a mistake. She kept altering the dosage and eventually had me on 125 daily. When the blood tests showed that the dosage needed to be lowered some more, I asked to be referred back to the endo because I knew I was hypothyroid already. I now take 137, five times a week and 150 on the other two days and the difference is amazing. When the dosage was off, my brain was so fuzzy that it took me a wee while to determine that the dosage was the reason I felt so lousy. I get tested every six months and the levels do need to be tweaked from time to time.

Doctors need to consider more than just the blood test results. They need to understand how we are feeling -- that's every bit as important as the blood test numbers. Some folks may be hypo even if the blood test does not show it. If the doctor cannot zero in on the right dosage and being referred to someone else is not an option, as a last resort, I would probably do what you are doing and experiment a bit myself to find the right dose.

Only we know how we feel so we shouldn't be shy about telling the doctor and persisting until something is done. If the meds are right, you should feel as good as you ever did.

I have found this website to have a lot of good info. Mary Shomon has been through it all:

http://thyroid.about.com/

shazzap
21-Nov-10, 22:37
Sorry to hear about your cancer Margaret M
I too have been treated for cancer, but not of the Thyroid.
It does how ever seem a bit of a coincidence to me though, that i got cancer a year after having the Radio Iodine Treatment. I have read a lot about the cancer i had, and according to the text i read, there is a link to Thyroid trouble and Sarcoma.

Mrs Bucket
22-Nov-10, 23:00
Is it really the case that left untreated thyroid problems can lead to madness?

telfordstar
22-Nov-10, 23:23
I have an underactive thyroid as well i got it after the birth of my daughter 6 years ago, I'm on 100mg of thyroxine a day, I usually get tired and hair and skin problems when mine goes wonky, I never knew about the memory problems but that explains alot for me as my memory is shocking but I blamed having kids !

Mrs Bucket
22-Nov-10, 23:33
I have been having all sorts or problems and the GP never ever mentioned any of these things to me. It explains a lot about my behaviour, I sometimes think Im going mad.

shazzap
23-Nov-10, 23:12
I have been having all sorts or problems and the GP never ever mentioned any of these things to me. It explains a lot about my behaviour, I sometimes think Im going mad.

All Gp's seem to be interested in is if your T3 and T4 tests come back within the permitted parameters.

Bazeye
23-Nov-10, 23:37
Could it be responsible for feeling tired all the time and poor memory without any weight difference or is that just my age?

shazzap
24-Nov-10, 00:10
Could it be responsible for feeling tired all the time and poor memory without any weight difference or is that just my age?

I don't think anyone posting on this thread is qualified to say.
Your best off going to see your doctor.

Bazeye
24-Nov-10, 10:19
Could it be responsible for being tired all the time and a poor memory without any weight difference or is that just my age?