PDA

View Full Version : Thurso High School Badges

mccaugm
08-Aug-06, 13:20
I know that Elizabeths have a special machine that can put the logo on shirts/sweaters etc but can you buy pin badges or material badges that you can do yourself? I would find that so much easier.:roll: :eek:

mccaugm
08-Aug-06, 19:49
No suggestions at all??

Tugmistress
08-Aug-06, 20:10
when we asked the other day in Butresses we were told there is no such thing as a separate badge, it has to be done at Elizabeths :(

rs 2k
08-Aug-06, 20:29
There is a separate badge

I bought 1 but i bought it from the uniform shop in inverness, it is a blazer badge

If u find their phone number on bt website and phone them they will post it to you for £1.50

Or better still if u know someone that is going to inverness ask them to get it:)

Badge costs £1.50

mccaugm
08-Aug-06, 20:34
Thats a pain....would save a fortune if they had pin or sew on badges. Think I will start a campaign for these items. What do other orger High School parents think?

mccaugm
08-Aug-06, 20:36
:Razz
There is a separate badge

I bought 1 but i bought it from the uniform shop in inverness, it is a blazer badge

If u find their phone number on bt website and phone them they will post it to you for £1.50

Or better still if u know someone that is going to inverness ask them to get it:)

Badge costs £1.50

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you! You have saved me a campaign,...LOL

rs 2k
08-Aug-06, 20:41
I it would save money if u transfered it from one jacket to the next when kids have grown out of it i suppose, but elizabeths r only charging £2.50 and u only need to get a jacket embroided not all the clothes, so thats good

also elizabeths machine is broke just now so Dr Grant said she will be leaniant on the badge for now til they get the machine sorted!!

dragonfly
08-Aug-06, 21:22
elizabeths machine is broke just now so Dr Grant said she will be leaniant on the badge for now til they get the machine sorted!!

does that mean that they are not allowed to wear plain black sweatshirts/fleeces or white polo's without a badge? certainly hope not as I have bought them and had no intention of putting on a badge :confused

unicorn
08-Aug-06, 21:33
There is a woman on the forum who makes up patterns, she is on the craft post why not ask if she can make pattern and you can embroider your own.

rs 2k
09-Aug-06, 10:50
does that mean that they are not allowed to wear plain black sweatshirts/fleeces or white polo's without a badge? certainly hope not as I have bought them and had no intention of putting on a badge :confused

They have to have a badge on their jacket, nothing else

changilass
09-Aug-06, 10:55
Luckily this badge nonsence does not apply to us at the moment, but think it is disgusting that there is only one place you can get it done, talk about setting prices and monopolies, this is ridiculous.[disgust]

Max
09-Aug-06, 13:19
Must they have a badge or emblem on their jacket?? I haven't done that and I'm sorry but I'm not going to rush an do it now I've just spent a fortune on the rest of the uniform!

rs 2k
09-Aug-06, 14:50
This is all the details for national uniform shop

National school centres
25 academy street
inverness

Tel 01463 717182

or email is inverness@n-sc.co.uk

Yes their jackets have to have some sort of emblem, badge or embroidery

I was just in elizabeths and their machine is still broken and they don't know what is happening with it yet, so i wouldn't worry about the jacket being right it is not our fault!!!!!!

Naefearjustbeer
09-Aug-06, 17:57
I have mixed feelings about uniforms. I was thinking today I was mostly for them but after reading this and some of the things I have heard recently about the new rector I think I am now mostly against what this woman is trying to do(not necessarily against uniforms just the way she appears to be implementing things). Luckily we have a few years before our kids are going to be going to High School so hopefully it will all be sorted and running smoothly by then.

mccaugm
09-Aug-06, 20:33
Must they have a badge or emblem on their jacket?? I haven't done that and I'm sorry but I'm not going to rush an do it now I've just spent a fortune on the rest of the uniform!

Although I know it saves money in the long run, I have also spent a fortune on uniform. I will get a badge when I get the chance...not in Inverness that often. If anyone from Halkirk is heading there over the next couple of weeks could they let me know??? Pretty please!

Jenni
09-Aug-06, 20:35
I have a boy and a girl both at High School and although I have bought them hoodies/tops and polo shirts from the schoolwear shop in Inverness, neither of them wanted the blazer. I thought the blazer was optional. I am certainly not buying blazers for the kids to refuse to wear them and find I have wasted my money. Anyway, once the kids go to school they will likely take the blazers off in class.

dragonfly
09-Aug-06, 21:24
blazers aren't compulsory Jenni, so don't worry about it

mccaugm
10-Aug-06, 11:28
;)
I have a boy and a girl both at High School and although I have bought them hoodies/tops and polo shirts from the schoolwear shop in Inverness, neither of them wanted the blazer. I thought the blazer was optional. I am certainly not buying blazers for the kids to refuse to wear them and find I have wasted my money. Anyway, once the kids go to school they will likely take the blazers off in class.

I am with you on this Jenni, I planned to buy them but once I saw them I changed my mind. They were so old fashioned looking. I bought the fleecies and hoodie cardigans. Pretty much what my kids wear anyway.

Max
10-Aug-06, 11:59
Yes that's on the lines of what I bought too. Mine didn't want a blazer either. While I don't mind buying a uniform and am in a lot of ways in favour of it. I certainly don't want my daughter to get spoken to becuase she hasn't got an emblem on her jacket! However I think I'll just wait and see what happens!!

rs 2k
10-Aug-06, 13:24
I also bought the fleeces for my sons, but god aren't they thin??

My oldest son asked me this morning, "what will we wear when it is raining or even snowing"

Don't think that fleece will keep them dry or even warm :confused

Must find out about colder weather as regards to jackets

I do like the uniform, it looks smart :)

Blazing Sporrans
10-Aug-06, 13:35
Well my wife and I spent a small fortune kitting out our two girls in Inverness. They didn't ask for and didn't get blazers, however we've gone primarily for the hooded tops (zipped and pullover types) and fleeces as well as vast quantities of long and short-sleeved shirts. As regards the jacket thing, forget it. For any remaining pleasant summer/autumn days, I'm sure the kids will do the usual and leave the jackets at home and just wear the hoodies, however come less pleasant weather, they want to wear their usual jackets with uniform on underneath and I for one won't stop them. If the school don't like that then I'm afraid they'll have to lump it. [disgust]

Jenni
11-Aug-06, 19:43
Those of you with boys at High School - what are yours going to wear in the form of trousers. The shop in Inverness said they are allowed to wear tracky bottoms as long as they are plain with no stripes or logos (addidas etc). I haven't found plain ones anywhere so I bought the nearest thing which was mostly plain with addidas written high up on the thigh. My son is worried he will get pulled up for this but I am sure his hoodie etc will be long enough to cover it. I since got him a pair of black chino type trousers although he is not that keen on them.
Curious to know what others are wearing.
My daughter is no problem as she has plenty plain black trousers.

souperman
11-Aug-06, 21:37
My son is going to wear plain black trousers from Markies, took a bit of persuading but agrees that it looks good with a shirt or polo shirt but..... the shoes !!!!! why did the school not insist on black shoes ? I have lost count of the arguments we have had over the summer about wearing trainers with dress trousers but because the school says trainers are ok then trainers it is, hopefully the school will see a bit of sense and insist by say the end of October hols then all shoes will be black PLEASE !!!
I think that the way Dr Grant has gone into this in a very half hearted way is very disappointing, I fully agree with the uniform policy 100% but to give the kids so much choice of hoodies t-shirts etc etc etc had been a nightmare, a real chance to smarten the school has been missed, they will look good next week but it could have been so much better, rant over.

rs 2k
11-Aug-06, 22:41
My 2 boys r wearing plain black school trousers, i bought them from tesco's

As for footwear they r wearing dress shoes, no trainers, fashionable bought out of side by side in thurso, they look nice

also shirt and tie, with a fleece

unicorn
11-Aug-06, 22:49
Where is side by side?

footie chick
11-Aug-06, 22:51
the Rangers/Celtic shop beside the Comm Bar ;)

unicorn
11-Aug-06, 23:03
I really must get out more lol.....

Blazing Sporrans
12-Aug-06, 13:52
My elder daughter is wearing black cargo pants for school. Well they were grey to begin with but I dyed them black to conform with the uniform requirements. She's delighted! :Razz We've also just bought them new trainers as that's what they wanted. I remember what it was like being forced to wear dress gear for school by my folks and I'd have been delighted to wear trainers, for comfort if nothing else.

rs 2k
16-Aug-06, 16:49
I know that Elizabeths have a special machine that can put the logo on shirts/sweaters etc but can you buy pin badges or material badges that you can do yourself? I would find that so much easier.

Hi

U still looking for a high school badge?????

The friend i bought 1 for is selling hers, as her son wanted polo shirts instead of whatever she wanted it for :lol:

I will pm u her number if u want it!!!!!

DrSzin
16-Aug-06, 18:35
My son's school has just enforced a strict uniform policy. So this morning he headed up the garden path dressed in black from head to toe. I thought he'd joined the youth wing of a neo-fascist organisation. :eek:

Jenni
16-Aug-06, 22:05
I have seen all the kids making their way to school in their uniforms and I reckon they look really smart. I agree with Souperman about the shoes though. Dress black shoes would have compoleted the look. Never mind - at least it's better than nothing.

Buttercup
19-Aug-06, 21:46
I have seen all the kids making their way to school in their uniforms and I reckon they look really smart. I agree with Souperman about the shoes though. Dress black shoes would have compoleted the look. Never mind - at least it's better than nothing.
Uniform's one thing but had to go to Inverness for a tie. Buttress has been promising them for the last 2 weeks and were very abrupt on the phone when asked if they were in yet. So much for buy locally![mad]