PDA

View Full Version : Piccies as promised.

porshiepoo
18-Nov-10, 14:23
OK hubby bought me the marvellous fandangled sewing machine I'd wanted so today I set about making HUntlys coat.
I'd ran out of fleece blankets so I bought a set for a fiver off ebay and made him a double thickness indoor coat.
It's a tad long on the end but the other one I made kept riding up when he lay down so hopefully this length will be better.
I also left the chest area half open to allow for movement without pulling the fleece tight.
I had intended to make the coat reversible but that's a tad beyond me this time round.

This coat took no time at all. I started it around 9.30am today and photos were uploaded by 1pm, despite this being my first ever attempt at sewing on edging which seemed to take forever.

Have to admit the new sewing machine helped loads. I just pressed start and off it goes and I can slow it right down so that I can fold and make sure everythings in the piping without having to stop the machine. Cool!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/PORSHIEPOO/huntlycoat3.jpg

I shall have a go at making him a thick bed next. Be my first time inserting a zip though so it'll be interesting to say the least.

changilass
18-Nov-10, 14:27
Well done missus, looks great.

Good luck with your next venture.

Liz
18-Nov-10, 19:14
Wow that looks great!!!!

You should start a business making these coats.:D

Your dogs are going to be so snug this winter and looks like they'll need them with the forecast being for lots of snow.
Can you make them for people?!!!:lol:

unicorn
18-Nov-10, 19:43
Well done that looks ace :D

Jovi
18-Nov-10, 19:55
A handsome,'cozy' boy :D

brandy
18-Nov-10, 20:00
wow thats great! hey some peeps are looking to learn to sew on here.. you wouldnt want to help out would you? *laughs*

teenybash
18-Nov-10, 22:31
Why can't I see anything......:(

porshiepoo
19-Nov-10, 16:54
Thanks for the replies.

As much as I enjoyed making the coat, I don't think I could go into making them as a business venture. lol.
I'm no experienced sewer and I'm a lazy sewer. lol. Tape measures are used to the bare minimum. If I had to make one from measurements it would be a disaster. I go by eye and then fit it to the dog. Too lazy to go through measurements and patterns etc.

Made his bed yesterday too. It's not too shabby I have to say but it does need a couple of alterations as the new duvets inside are reeeeeeeally slippery. Won't take me long with the new machine though.

Mrs Bucket
20-Nov-10, 17:39
well arnt you clever thanks for sharing