PDA

View Full Version : baby nursery

okaydokey
17-Nov-10, 23:32
Hi im new to the forum, and am planning to move to caithness.
I am planning on starting my own business when i arrive & I was wondering would there be a want for a night & day nursery in the thurso area for babies from birth up to pre-school age??
Thanks

annemarie482
17-Nov-10, 23:37
very much so!!!
wick too!
i'm finding it impossible to go back to work as i cant find childminders with 2 spaces, and the telford street family centre in wick dont take children under 2+9months.
my wee one will only be 2 on the 27th so i'll have a long wait :(

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 13:45
I will admit to thinking there is a severe lack of nurseries for children under 2.9yrs. We moved here in April, when my son was 2yrs 4mnths and he will finally start nursery in January!!!

Where I used to live, there was loads of daycare facilities, but nothing here! Even the out of school hours care is very restricted!

Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

patchy
18-Nov-10, 17:58
i agree, definately needed up here.

good luck if you go 4 it. let us know.

unicorn
18-Nov-10, 19:45
We already have treats and many childminders in the area.

okaydokey
18-Nov-10, 21:36
I have done a little research on the internet to what is available in the area and from the information i can gather there is no-one offering the same service as i would be (exept childminders, whom are quite often booked up)

I would be offering a service for babies up to pre-school age i.e 3yrs, giving mothers the chance to return to work, even just to get a well earned break.

I was under the impression TREATS was an after school club (for school age kids) correct me if im wrong.

annemarie482
18-Nov-10, 21:38
brilliant idea!
just wish you were doing it in wick! lol
there is little out there for mums of young kids to get back to work.
best wishes to you xx

okaydokey
18-Nov-10, 21:41
brilliant idea!
just wish you were doing it in wick! lol
there is little out there for mums of young kids to get back to work.
best wishes to you xx

Thanks
As i have not yet moved, i will go where-ever the best chance of having a successful business is.

Dadie
18-Nov-10, 21:48
It would depend on the price of the service offered and the location....but when are you moving up and hope to have this business venture up and running?

unicorn
18-Nov-10, 21:54
As far as I know treats is day care, Wick has the family centre. I think it had a big impact on childminders in the area when it opened.

annemarie482
18-Nov-10, 22:02
As far as I know treats is day care, Wick has the family centre. I think it had a big impact on childminders in the area when it opened.

unicorn are you a childminder? do dont seem keen.
wick family centre wont take kids under 2yrs 9 months.
i've been trying to get childcare in wick area over a year now and can't get a childminder with two spaces for my kids 1+11months and 4yrs.
would suit people in my predicament perfectly :D

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 22:31
Treats dont take children until they are 3yrs old. I know because I tried to get my little one in over the summer for a few days along with the girls, but they couldnt take him. Not sure if Castletown Treats is different?!

Red
18-Nov-10, 22:35
Most definitely. I think that little ones who are surrounded by others of a similar age come on so much faster and are more settled in themselves. Given the choice I'd have put my son to a nursery rather than a childminder if only there was one in the area.

ShelleyCowie
18-Nov-10, 22:47
Definetely would be welcome! I was thinking about possibly going back to work next year or possibly the year after but after seeing a mates bill from Treats i was well put off and nearly fainted! :eek: No joke!

Childminders as some have said are usually fully booked or can not take 2 kids under 3 (?) dont know if thats completely correct.

Anyways, good luck and let us know any plans you have and when your up and running can you let us know a full price list and services provided?

Cheers :D

Gailious
19-Nov-10, 15:21
Treats in Thurso and Casper in Castletown are now under the same company NOSCA. Both centres only charge £3.00 per hour and give a family discount if you have more than one child. This is £3.00 for the first child and £2.00 for each child there after. Treats can take from 3 years and up and provides local school and nursery runs for just £1.00 per day. Casper can take children from age 2 and up. No reg fee and only charges for time when in centres. 24 hours notice for booking child in. Both centres are open from 7.00am to 6.00pm. Breakfast and snack are included free of charge. Lunches can be provided at a small fee of £1.50.

ragdollyanna
19-Nov-10, 19:28
There is certainly a need for childcare for babies. Treats is great but as stated in above posts it doesn't take babies. I couldn't find a childminder for my two when they were toddlers, particularly if you just want an adhoc service. Good luck - I hope your venture is a success if you decide to proceed with it! :D

Alana
19-Nov-10, 20:13
Hi there Fantastic idea and much needed especially in the Wick area.
Best of luck to you in your new venture. I know many mums who would use this service.

Divas & Dudes
Childrens Boutique

www.divasanddudes.org.uk (http://www.divasanddudes.org.uk)

gingernut
19-Nov-10, 21:56
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me. I think you'll get plenty of takers in either Thurso or Wick as nothing like this at the moment either end of county.
Good luck!:D