PDA

View Full Version : Blue Badge for twenty quid

bekisman
17-Nov-10, 16:45
Just had a reminder in from Highland Council to tell me that although my disability is permanent I need to re-apply for my Blue Badge. Fair enough, I do this every three years.. but noticed in bold on the bottom of the letter:
"Please be aware that as of 1st April 2010, all successful Blue Badge applications will incur a £20.00 administration fee"

Well suppose someone has to cover the cost of the 'Golden Handshakes' for Highland Councilors: what was it?Alison Magee, is among the 30 who will stand down. She will get £20,000. Alistair Milne , Janet Home,, Clive Goodman,Ella MacRae, All will receive the maximum payout of £20,000. and it goes on and on and on..
http://www.highland.gov.uk/livinghere/benefitsgrantsandallowances/disabledparkingbluebadge/ (http://www.highland.gov.uk/livinghere/benefitsgrantsandallowances/disabledparkingbluebadge/)

Commore
17-Nov-10, 16:59
Hmm, that is interesting and new,
but still worth it methinks, anyway. :)

highland red
17-Nov-10, 17:03
Hmm, that is interesting and new,
but still worth it methinks, anyway. :)

I agree with you but this is a wee bit "cheeky" if no prior notification was forthcoming.

changilass
17-Nov-10, 17:10
For a years free parking its a blooming bargain.

We are all having to tighten the purse strings.

bekisman
17-Nov-10, 17:32
For a years free parking its a blooming bargain.

We are all having to tighten the purse strings.

Having been in Cornwall for a couple of weeks, am well aware of the notice displayed by Cornwall Council Car Parks:
'Disabled Badge Holders are required to pay the standard parking fees within the car parks.'

*Martin*
17-Nov-10, 21:27
That's pretty disgusting to be fair! It's not like anyone with an actual disability wants the blue badge, they need it!

The dirty scum bags who don't deserve a blue badge because there's nothing wrong won't mind paying it because they're bleeding the system dry anyway.

In fairness, anyone in Thurso can park where they like. It's not like the traffic warden is ever about or actually bothers booking anyone!