PDA

View Full Version : travel insurance

joe
16-Nov-10, 23:45
Can anyone recommend travel insurance for europe holday thanks

Aussiewicker
17-Nov-10, 04:06
Hi Joe:

We used http://www.moneysupermarket.com the last couple of years, and again recently:

Best quote (which we bought) was for a 'Flexicover' (www.flexicover.co.uk) policy (cheaper than buying it directly from Flexicover themselves):

Cost was £33.90 (Inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax) for two peeps, details being:

Cover: Standard Annual Multi-Trip (21 Days Per Trip)
Destination: Flexicover - Europe
Period of Cover: 01/10/2010 Annual Multi-Trip

Medical Expenses Cover: £10000000
Personal Liability: £2000000
Cancellation Cover: £1000
Baggage Cover: £1000
Personal Accident Cover: £5000

Hope this helps. ;-)

shamrock2007
17-Nov-10, 21:00
Can recommend tesco travel insurance, you just pick it up in the store its in a box like a dvd box. Had to make a claim with a holiday we had booked when we had a death in the family & they were excellent & we had money back very quickly.

joe
17-Nov-10, 23:19
Thanks for your help,managed to get a good deal through Unison

Fran
17-Nov-10, 23:31
I got insurance this month with Staysure. i found them very cheap and very good, especially as i have 2 medical conditions. they were so cheap that I actually phoned to see if there was a mistake!!! I am going to spain in a week and am insured for that.

Kevin Milkins
18-Nov-10, 00:16
I got insurance this month with Staysure. i found them very cheap and very good, especially as i have 2 medical conditions. they were so cheap that I actually phoned to see if there was a mistake!!! I am going to spain in a week and am insured for that.

Did you take out any insurance against whether or not you will ever get on the plane, Fran? lol ;)

Fran
19-Nov-10, 01:01
Ha ha, you cheeky man, i'm surprised you are not having a bet on it, will she wont she. Well my case is packed and I am ready. Not shaking yet, a week today will be a different thing. Doctor wont give me a general anesthetic before I board the plane.I feel very calm about it just now, maybe i'm cured. I used to love flying. even my mother wouldn't sit next to me last time 7 years ago and i nearly pushed the man out of his seat in front last time we landed!!!!!
Brian and i will see you on thursday!!!