PDA

View Full Version : PC gone mad?

Kenn
07-Aug-06, 22:13
I was amazed by the news that Mel Smith will have to take on the role of Winston Chyrchill without a cigar in sight at The Edinburgh Fringe.
Whilst I fully appreciate that smoking is banned in public places, surely he can be allowed to have a cigar as long as he does n't light it or is that also against the new law?
Listening to an enviromental officer on the radio toady, her comment was, " Well as he's an actor he can improvise as many do."
What next ?

P.S The mind boggles as to what sort of improviastion she had in mind.

golach
07-Aug-06, 22:48
I was amazed by the news that Mel Smith will have to take on the role of Winston Chyrchill without a cigar in sight at The Edinburgh Fringe.
Whilst I fully appreciate that smoking is banned in public places, surely he can be allowed to have a cigar as long as he does n't light it or is that also against the new law?
Listening to an enviromental officer on the radio toady, her comment was, " Well as he's an actor he can improvise as many do."
What next ?

P.S The mind boggles as to what sort of improviastion she had in mind.

He wanted to smoke it, thats why he got a lot of free publicity, these loveys are not daft you know, me, I would have let him light up......then hit him with the maximum sentence, and the full weight of the Scottish Law

Rheghead
07-Aug-06, 22:57
He wanted to smoke it, thats why he got a lot of free publicity, these loveys are not daft you know, me, I would have let him light up......then hit him with the maximum sentence, and the full weight of the Scottish Law

I hope you would then check to see if wasn't a bootleg ciggie, just to put the real boot in lek? :D