PDA

View Full Version : A small explosion between the legs

Cape Crusader
15-Nov-10, 22:19
Whatever the sermons preached by the massed PR battalions parachuted into Aberdeenshire, Trump's "golf course" is first and foremost a huge and extensive housing development designed to generate massive profits.

The golf aspect is secondary, and minor.

Garnet
15-Nov-10, 22:29
Have to agree with you and it's all a big joke to him but money talks, mind you he's a sore looser...not used to it obviously...now maybe sense will prevail......maybe.

Gizmo
15-Nov-10, 23:09
Whatever the sermons preached by the massed PR battalions parachuted into Aberdeenshire, Trump's "golf course" is first and foremost a huge and extensive housing development designed to generate massive profits.

The golf aspect is secondary, and minor.

And what's wrong with that?, Aberdeenshire should be thankful for the proposed investment from the Trump empire.

EDDIE
16-Nov-10, 08:21
And what's wrong with that?, Aberdeenshire should be thankful for the proposed investment from the Trump empire.

But he shouldnt be able to get compulsory orders to force them out of there homes

Gizmo
16-Nov-10, 12:52
But he shouldnt be able to get compulsory orders to force them out of there homes

In this instance, i think he should, the homes in question are quite an eyesore anyway, and the benefits of this development to the area far outweigh the objections of a few people who are trying to stifle progress in a country that desperately needs it.

EDDIE
16-Nov-10, 19:02
In this instance, i think he should, the homes in question are quite an eyesore anyway, and the benefits of this development to the area far outweigh the objections of a few people who are trying to stifle progress in a country that desperately needs it.

Your missing the point if you buy a home in a quiet area with a nice view its yours you own nobody has the right to come into the area and have the right or power to take it off you just because he wants to build a golf course.
If you listen to trump he is building this golf course in memory of his mum i wouldnt think his mum would be to pleased if she new he was evicting people from there homes.

Garnet
16-Nov-10, 19:44
Hear, hear EDDIE, another thing.....where are the 'profits' going...America of course, dare someone C.P. his 'home'. Did you see it on tv?
However these local people put a lot of themselves into these homes over many years, what right has he to come here to dictate and call someones ground a pig-stye, or whatever, even if it is....it's his! One other thing that I don't think has been mentioned..He says it's going to be the BEST golf course in the WORLD!!!! What about St Andrews, isn't it supposed to be the best and what about the people there, their jobs, homes, dependent businessess etc,etc. There won't be much left of Scotland that isn't Scotlands!!! This is not a vote for the SNP however just for those homeowners. [disgust]

EDDIE
16-Nov-10, 21:12
i watched it on tv last night i think trump didnt do himself any favours in his personality he came across as he is abit full of himself
When he commented on forbes house being an eyesore i totally dis agree with him most we crofts have old tractors and scrap cars and bits and pieces lying over the place thats standard for the average croft or farm i would have thought trump would have more sence to speak in that manner in front of a camera

George Brims
16-Nov-10, 21:14
If you think tracts of MacMansions surrounding a golf course, like the developments that scar the USA, is "progress" we'll have to agree to disagree.
Anyone who knows my family history will know the depth of my disdain for the idea people should be put out of their homes and livelihoods just because it suits someone else with more money.

ducati
16-Nov-10, 22:19

Not your house then?

_Ju_
16-Nov-10, 22:34
If D. Trump got his Golf course and proposed development, it would be a space that would be lost to public acess forever. It would be a source of relatively very few minimum wage and minimum skills jobs. Senior management positions would be given to American imported to fit in with the rest of trump empire management style. But the worst thing would be a developement that would spoil an area, be not at all in keeping with anything Scottish and without sparing a thought to the natural environment.

pat
19-Nov-10, 19:29
If this is meant to be in memory of his mother why did he not build it in Lewis where she came from -would they allow him to be open 7days a week (they are already trying to stop the local golf course from opening their clubhouse on a Sunday - members are not allowed to play golf on a Sunday).
If he felt so strongly about his mother and the fact she came from Scotland why did it take him over 60 years to revisit her birthplace?
The folk who are in the middle of his planned golf scheme - it is THEIR land and they have owned the land so why should they HAVE to sell because someone else wants to build something to line his pockets?
Is it because Trump and the leader of the Scottish Governement have come to an agreement about something in the area around his constituency -which wee Eke may find useful when he has finished with parliament?
Does this then mean that anyone who owns land or property should sell as they never know when someone wants it to build something they consider better and brighter they can just apply to buy it at a price they state.
We'd better tell the queen - someone wants to buy Balmoral and Holyrood, they think the scenery and position would suit them bettter and they can build something they would like better too.
Mr Forbes house is his castle and long may it remain so.