PDA

View Full Version : Spice Tandoori, Wick

Gizmo
15-Nov-10, 21:38
Just had a fantastic meal in the 'Spice Tandoori', it's the first time i have been there for a meal. The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and very professional. I can't fault anything.

Mik.M.
15-Nov-10, 22:17
Have to agree with you Gizmo. I went there a couple of weeks ago with a group of friends,wonderful food and friendly staff.

gerry4
20-Nov-10, 17:50
It was the first Indian I tried when I moved up here and not felt the need to go else where. Always a excellent meal with friendly staff

shamrock2007
21-Nov-10, 22:17
Had a fantastic takeaway from there tonight, yummy as always

transit
26-Dec-10, 18:37
not very good usualy eat there alot too but last time was food poisend so wont be going back

trix
26-Dec-10, 21:46
if its 'e aine at 'e bottom o' scalesburn, i go ayre nearly ivry week...luv'ed :-)

Northern Sands
27-Dec-10, 11:12
As good as you will get anywhere and I have sampled quite a few!! Fantastic food and service is second to none.

dragonfly
27-Dec-10, 11:28
got to agree with the majority, been a few times and always fantastic, just can't wait for them to open in Thurso.

Not disbelieving you Transit but if you did get food poisoning from TS why have you or your Dr not reported it to Environmental Health as it would be them that would investigate the matter?

Mystical Potato Head
27-Dec-10, 12:03
Best indian restaurant that this county has ever had.(imho)I've eaten at some award winning indian restaurants like the Shalimar in Derby and the Eastern Eye in Plymouth regularly
and the Spice Tandoori is up there with them in terms of food quality and the service is always superb.As for the price?,an absolute bargain.

gerry4
28-Dec-10, 15:19
Have to agree, Spice Tandoori was a surprise when I moved up from Leicester. Leicester being one of the curry centres of the UK, I was apprehensive as to what I would find up here. Never had a bad meal there since we moved here.

Bobinovich
29-Dec-10, 01:13
Have to add my thumbs up - Spice Tandoori is a fairly recent discovery for me and joins a (very) short list of preferred eateries in the county. Very much looking forward to them opening in Thurso in due course.

gerry4
30-Dec-10, 17:46
joins a (very) short list of preferred eateries in the county.

Was just wondering which other places were in your short list?

Blarney
30-Dec-10, 20:40
not very good usualy eat there alot too but last time was food poisend so wont be going back

Hmmmm...are you sure that you don't work in one of the other Indian restaurants and are up to mischief???

pentlander
30-Dec-10, 22:33
if its 'e aine at 'e bottom o' scalesburn, i go ayre nearly ivry week...luv'ed :-)

I've commented on this before but this drivel has to stop. Otherwise the forum would be unreadable.
That is not a written language it is a written interpretation of speech.

If I was a Geordie should I be posting like.
Aye pet ya dinny wanna go to that indy place man. thay chips war cold an tha.

Or as a Scouser.
See that there indian lar is was total crap an that.

or as a Cockney
Cor blimey mister that indian eas proper puker and no mistake.

Written language was invented so people could communicate dialect is not required.

Bobinovich
30-Dec-10, 22:55
Was just wondering which other places were in your short list?

Well it all depends on the company and the occasion of course, in Wick there is Wickers World, Spice Tandoori & Bord de L'eau, while in Thurso there is Tempest Surf, YNot and The Pavillion. However the Spice Tandoori owners are opening up soon in Thurso which I'm sure will add another location to the list. These are all places I've rarely had anything but quality food, with fine service and prices to match.

davem
30-Dec-10, 23:00
Written language was invented so people could communicate dialect is not required.

Posters can post as they choose, read their contributions or choose not to! I doubt if your view as to how people should communicate will have a bearing on anyone on the forum, except perhaps in how you are regarded yourself.
Trix's contributions have been enjoyed and valued for a good long while now - long may they continue.

Kevin Milkins
31-Dec-10, 00:21
Posters can post as they choose, read their contributions or choose not to! I doubt if your view as to how people should communicate will have a bearing on anyone on the forum, except perhaps in how you are regarded yourself.
Trix's contributions have been enjoyed and valued for a good long while now - long may they continue.

I have to agree with that, at first I wondered what the hell is this lass on about, but if you take the time to bother it makes very interesting reading. Trix is also a fine sort.

cherokee
31-Dec-10, 10:51

Completely agree with you also, davem.

I like to read Trix's posts. :)

BTW, I also give a huge thumbs up to Spice Tandoori - very pleasant guys and gorgeous food !

trix
01-Jan-11, 10:09
I've commented on this before but this drivel has to stop.

yer speakin til 'e converted, mate :Razz