PDA

View Full Version : Have I forgotten anything?!

lindsaymcc
15-Nov-10, 19:48
I think we are pretty set to get our new addition on Friday (hubby wishes he could get him NOW!) so just wanted to check with everyone that I have all I will need!

Crate for car travel
Vet bed x 2 (one for car, one for home)
Toys galore
Food bowl
Water bowl
Lead (2)
Collar (2)
Puppy training pads
Food will be got tomorrow from Geddes (same brand as he is on at present)
Blankets and towels
Insurance will be done on Friday once he is "ours"
Vets have been contacted, and appointments will be made once we have him for vaccinations and chipping

What have I missed?! Im one of these that likes to be super organised, so dont want to forget anything!!!

Tugmistress
15-Nov-10, 19:58
poo bags
name tag

lindsaymcc
15-Nov-10, 20:00
ah yes, we have poo bags and a poop scoop, and the name tag is on order from ebay as free engraving!

Surely there is something else........ I always forget SOMETHING!

Tugmistress
15-Nov-10, 20:09
brush/comb (dependant on breed)
extra hoover bags for shedding of puppy fluff
flea/tic stuff
shampoo for those 'muddy moments'

Liz
15-Nov-10, 20:13
Sounds like you are very well organised!:D

How exciting waiting for your new baby to arrive!!!

We want loads of photos please. x

Commore
15-Nov-10, 20:38
I'm thinking you've got everything well covered, wish I was this organised :)

donnick
15-Nov-10, 20:46
and a big towel for drying him /her when him /her comes in from the mud :lol:

cecile
15-Nov-10, 20:56
chewing toys!!! unless you want your furniture customised......
enjoy!

brandy
15-Nov-10, 20:56
a blanket to rub on mum that he can cuddle to in car with her scent on it and until hes adjusted to the big move! *G*

lindsaymcc
15-Nov-10, 21:44
Thanks all!

Ooooh will make sure hubby takes blanket from car down to mum..... good call there!

Will of course probably inundate you all with photos of my new baby....... just glad i dont have to do the labour thing this time!!!

Thanks again - lots of help! x

brandy
15-Nov-10, 21:53
def want pics! i love pics of babies of any species.. except spiders.. sorry just dont do spiders!

neepnipper
15-Nov-10, 22:23
Check if pup has been wormed, they need to be wormed for roundworm every 2 weeks until they're 12 weeks old.

Liz
15-Nov-10, 23:24
This isn't an essential but I would highly recommend a DAP diffuser as this would be great for helping your wee one to relax and settle in.

I have a spare plug in 'bit' (can't think of the correct name) I can give you so you'd just need a refill.
The cheapest place I found is www.vetuk.co.uk (http://www.vetuk.co.uk) but Ebay may have some cheaper.

unicorn
16-Nov-10, 00:10
I would book his jags in advance, when I called on the Monday morning to book mine I was given an appointment for Friday afternoon even though I had 2 other dogs to walk daily and risked taking disease into the house from their walks, the receptionist told me it was a very slight chance though and jags were not a priority :eek:
You used to get a puppy pack too but I didn't so I assume the vets don't do them any more.

teenybash
16-Nov-10, 00:31
Maybe nailclipper.....Loadsa pic for us!!:Razz:Razz

Commore
18-Nov-10, 13:47
Jake is ready and raring to go...........not long now, Lindsay.
:)

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 13:55
Dave is beside himself..... he would quite happily jump in the car now! Im holding him back by making sure everything is ready, and the promise of a good nights sleep tonight [lol][lol]

Commore
18-Nov-10, 14:22
Dave is beside himself..... he would quite happily jump in the car now! Im holding him back by making sure everything is ready, and the promise of a good nights sleep tonight [lol][lol]

Maybe a wee blanket in the morning for Jake? it is pretty cold outside ;) although in saying that, he is outside playing as I type.

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 14:28
Bless him. Yes got blankets in the car ready for him. Poor little thing isnt going to know what is going on, but hopefully he will settle.

Is he crazy being out playing in this weather?! Its FREEZING here...... so glad he will be Daves dog....... means he is responsible for the walking in all weathers LOL