PDA

View Full Version : Taxation as a Whip?

Rheghead
07-Aug-06, 17:41
I have just read the latest recommendations by an influential group of MPs to tackle climate change, eg reduce 70mph speed limit, tax 4x4s to the hilt, more airfare tax, etc. The question, Is it moral to tax us into submission when there are simpler ways to tackle climate change without the need to increase the tax burden, like tackling the out-of-control need to export a load of food just to import it all again from foreign sources.

The upshot of all this taxation is that those least able to afford will suffer the most which will widen the gap between the haves and the have nots, something that I always thought the Labour government was against.

And where is all this taxation to go? The needy? More bombs more like.

Sometimes I think the whole Global warming thing has been dreamed up to squeeze every last drop of cash out of us to support a beleaguered oil industry that is running out of oil and a Government that is strapped for cash.[disgust]

concerned resident
07-Aug-06, 19:16
Rheghead.
Well said, i agree fully with what you have stated, but unfortunately the general public, will be stupid enough to think they are saving the planet, when they will in fact be funding Tony's war's. I often wonder if the British people are just getting more stupid, as they just do not care, and let the government increase the Taxation. You have to admire the french people , who appear to have the back bone, that the British people used to have.

DrSzin
07-Aug-06, 19:23
Are you sure you're on the right thread here Rheggers? This post might be better off here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=12640). I see you have one bite already. :lol: