PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the forum

pultneytooner
07-Aug-06, 15:23
There are some weird going on on this forum, posts that were made an hour ago showing up as being made five minutes ago, surely niall has his own micro-singularity thingy going on here?[lol]
Also, what's a jewel in the rough, niall?:D

Rheghead
07-Aug-06, 16:46
This will happen when someone votes on a poll making it look like the last post was made more recently.

Gleber2
07-Aug-06, 17:23
It's the Holy Curried Lighter getting it's revenge!!!!!

canuck
07-Aug-06, 17:45
It's the Holy Curried Lighter getting it's revenge!!!!!

I think that we were given a gentle nudge last week that we are supposed to stop this lighter thing.

Gleber2
07-Aug-06, 18:41
I think that we were given a gentle nudge last week that we are supposed to stop this lighter thing.

If this is the case then there is a degree of censorship which is unacceptable without explanation. The lighter thread was ostensibly obliterated because of an "obscene photo". There was nothing else in that thread to offend otherwise.

Rheghead
07-Aug-06, 18:49
If this is the case then there is a degree of censorship which is unacceptable without explanation.

The moderators have repeatedly stated that censorship without explanation is necessary to balance the conflicts between the decorum of the forum and time management of forum administration. We are here at their discretion afterall. I don't agree with it but I accept it. If I accept that then I have to accept that open criticism of the admin team on the forum is unacceptable but I don't agree with that either.[disgust]

Gleber2
07-Aug-06, 19:05
The moderators have repeatedly stated that censorship without explanation is necessary to balance the conflicts between the decorum of the forum and time management of forum administration. We are here at their discretion afterall. I don't agree with it but I accept it. If I accept that then I have to accept that open criticism of the admin team on the forum is unacceptable but I don't agree with that either.[disgust]

You are, it seems, in the same cleft stick as I. I go along with the rules or I would have been incarcerated a long time ago but there are some things which happen, to me, without reason. The recent thread named Fishcake developed into a series of puns between myself and Kingetter and contained nothing inflamatory, obscene or otherwise offensive and was no more pointless and frivolrous than many other current threads but in the morning it was gone. Who are the moderators one wonders beyond Godmin 1,2,and 3. Severe lack of humour and understanding somewhere.

canuck
07-Aug-06, 19:11
If this is the case then there is a degree of censorship which is unacceptable without explanation. The lighter thread was ostensibly obliterated because of an "obscene photo". There was nothing else in that thread to offend otherwise.

All of the other threads, to which we spread, were also taken away.

I am not particularly worried about the censorship because I have many forums where I can speak. It was so good though to be part of an evolving experience in which we all began to see the incredible innocence out of which cults arise and how major human divisions so easily get started.

Kev_Plastic_Food
07-Aug-06, 22:13
GIven that the lighter chat really was a bunch of silliness, I didnt see the harm in letting it run. Therefore, its also hard to see any harm in removing it. However, it was becoming a topic of considerable conversation away from these boards too, and the whole subject has already raised a little extra money for the charities supported by the 'Big Gig'.

Given also, that with all the attention that was being generated, a charity auction on ebay was being planned, along with other 'nonsense' related activites, which have been severely curtailed by the censorship mentioned above, perhaps the forum admins would like to make a donation themselves, to replace any money that may have been raised for the local hospital? ;)

Sincere apologies to the thread originator if my divergence of the topic leads to this thread's removal.

canuck
07-Aug-06, 22:19
... However, it was becoming a topic of considerable conversation away from these boards too, and the whole subject has already raised a little extra money for the charities supported by the 'Big Gig'.

Kev, thanks for the update about chatter away from the boards. That I would not be aware of.

Super congratulations on the funds raised for charity at the 'Big Gig."