PDA

View Full Version : Don’t you just love the European Union?

Gronnuck
15-Nov-10, 11:06
This (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8133407/What-an-EU-bailout-for-Ireland-could-mean-for-Britain.html) from the Daily Telegraph. :confused
This (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/211560/Eurocrats-8m-pay-hike-funded-by-UK/) from the Daily Express. :~(
Are we really getting value for money?

tonkatojo
15-Nov-10, 11:29
This (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/8133407/What-an-EU-bailout-for-Ireland-could-mean-for-Britain.html) from the Daily Telegraph. :confused
This (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/211560/Eurocrats-8m-pay-hike-funded-by-UK/) from the Daily Express. :~(
Are we really getting value for money?

Why not ?, were subsidising more than the Irish just to be in the tory club !!.
Could some one tell me what Europe supplies to us (UK) or we them (EU) that we would not get from the Common Market without paying for the tory club membership ??.

While I'm at it don't you think it's a bit rich us paying for the tory boy (Cameron) to have a private photographer to catch his poses in parliament, I know I do !!.

ducati
15-Nov-10, 16:49
Why is EU a Tory club? Only one other party has any intention of leaving and they're all looneys [lol]

rich
15-Nov-10, 17:39
Listen, folks, it's only money. Money is artificial. What counts is our capacity to produce goods. Have we not made the leap from scarcity to abundance - as Marx predicted we would?
Eveyone should make their own personal list of the good things we have in the 21st century. Then follow that up with the bad.
OK, I'll go first.
10 best: painless surgery, antibiotics, jazz, the Swiss Army Knife , digital technology, Marcel Proust and his his novel, Fall in Central Park, a daily infusion of clarer, steak frites, the EC (for all its deficiencies)

10 worst: Rock and roll and all other deafening electric music, electricity( I want a world lit by candles and gas!), too much salt in our food, pubs that wont let dogs in, AIDs, Scottish nationalists, big box stores, Rankin novels (this is Edinburgh? Give us a break) homeopaths in particular and medical quacks in general, smokers, and malt whisky that has matured in sherry casks.

orkneycadian
15-Nov-10, 18:18
What counts is our capacity to produce goods.

Yay! Thats it! We're out of the woods then! Our international renown for being a major world producer of quality goods will see us through!

Hang on a mo... Did someone in another thread not recently point out that our only export these days is Hollyoaks?

[BUSILY CHECKS OTHER THREADS] [smirk] [/BUSILY CHECKS OTHER THREADS]

Yup, they did.

Oh well, we're stuffed then! ;)

Gronnuck
15-Nov-10, 18:35
Listen, folks, it's only money. Money is artificial. What counts is our capacity to produce goods. Have we not made the leap from scarcity to abundance - as Marx predicted we would?

It is only money. Money we could be spending on heating our homes and feeding our families but it's getting squeezed out of us by a plethora of taxes to fund endless layers of government. The only abundance I see is of politicians and their 'staff'. [disgust]

Aaldtimer
15-Nov-10, 20:26
Check out Ch4 tonight. Dispatches: Riding Europe's Gravy Train.:eek:

tonkatojo
15-Nov-10, 20:28
Why is EU a Tory club? Only one other party has any intention of leaving and they're all looneys [lol]

It's noted you have no comment on the tory boys snapper.

The reason it's the tory club is your lot took us in. :(

ducati
15-Nov-10, 21:58
It's noted you have no comment on the tory boys snapper.

The reason it's the tory club is your lot took us in. :(

I'd rather pay for that than 2 Jags Prescot's pies :lol:

tonkatojo
16-Nov-10, 13:41
I'd rather pay for that than 2 Jags Prescot's pies :lol:

Theres a slight difference in the overall expences, I know which one I would rather pay for and it's not the EU.
But it is looking good from my point of view, the news say that the Irish and Portugal Euro crisis could bring about the collapse of the EU as well as the Euro.

And it is still noted the silence on Cameron's private paparazzi !!.

changilass
16-Nov-10, 13:49
There was an anouncement on the radio this morning, that the party coffers would be paying for it.

tonkatojo
16-Nov-10, 14:00
There was an anouncement on the radio this morning, that the party coffers would be paying for it.

Prescots pies ??. :eek:

"Could be", those words will release them from the hook no doubt.