PDA

View Full Version : Morags

taylor.4
07-Aug-06, 13:42
Was down the street this morning and went into morags new cafe to try and see what it was like. I had a cup of milky coffee, my daughter had a coke and we both had toastie's. It was lovely, very busy as it was her first day.

erli
07-Aug-06, 13:43
Wick or Thurso?

taylor.4
07-Aug-06, 13:46
Sorry it's in wick next to whatsits.

Elenna
07-Aug-06, 13:51
Ohhh, I'm going in town in a bit. I'll have a look-see! :)

taylor.4
07-Aug-06, 13:54
Ohhh, I'm going in town in a bit. I'll have a look-see! :)It's quite nice inside, waitress service, was a bit slow this morning, don't think they realised it was going to be so busy.

connieb19
07-Aug-06, 15:28
Does she serve meals or is it just snacks?

taylor.4
07-Aug-06, 15:37
Does she serve meals or is it just snacks?There was meals as well as snacks on the menu.

connieb19
07-Aug-06, 15:48
I wonder what the opening hours are,and if she does takeaways? :confused

scaraben
07-Aug-06, 16:27
Yes we could do with a new business in the centre of town. In the past what is closed is closed and if it reopens its either a "Carry Out" or a "Bookies" :)

Venture
07-Aug-06, 19:03
Went there for lunch today and it was first class. They have a very varied menu from Paninis to fry ups to baked tatties and loads more plus the usual sandwiches. They are much cheaper than Weatherspoons and the food is all fresh made. She bakes everything herself. They were busy today and we were still served in a reasonable time. Give them a chance with the service it is only their first day. I certainly intend to go back.

obiron
07-Aug-06, 19:27
will take a look in one day when its maybe a bit quieter.

Elenna
07-Aug-06, 22:22
Went there for lunch today and it was first class. They have a very varied menu from Paninis to fry ups to baked tatties and loads more plus the usual sandwiches. They are much cheaper than Weatherspoons and the food is all fresh made. She bakes everything herself. They were busy today and we were still served in a reasonable time. Give them a chance with the service it is only their first day. I certainly intend to go back.

I agree whole-heartedly, Venture. I did get in this afternoon, Saltire treated me to a late lunch, and it was delicious! Things were very busy even that late on...I don't think they expected it to be so mad on the first day!...but it is nicely set up, we had service with a smile, and the food was excellent.

Fran
09-Aug-06, 02:02
It is wheelchair friendly, not many cafes are, and the windows are large, so you can sit and watch everyone go by. good luck to Morag, its an ideal situation for a cafe, hope she will open till late as there is only the harbour cafe for visitors who arrive after 5pm.

dirdyweeker
09-Aug-06, 12:22
She says initially it will be nine to five but will see how business takes off and what demand there is. I believe she is also doing all her own home baking. Reckon she will be on the go 24/7 to keep up with demand if she is so busy!
Good luck to her as Wick will always cope with an extra cafe. I do feel sorry for holiday makers looking for somewhere (cafe style) after 5pm though.

bagpuss
09-Aug-06, 22:15
Well done Morag. She's thought this one through and decided to diversify. perhaps more of us should take a leaf out of her book. I wishe her well with the cafe- and I for one will be a regular.

thickrodney
09-Aug-06, 22:20
I agree whole-heartedly, Venture. I did get in this afternoon, Saltire treated me to a late lunch, and it was delicious! Things were very busy even that late on...I don't think they expected it to be so mad on the first day!...but it is nicely set up, we had service with a smile, and the food was excellent.
you will not get that in asda.
good luck to morags