View Full Version : cat micro chipping

rhino
14-Nov-10, 23:28
micro chip your cat for £5

pets at home on sat 20th between 11 and 1
by cats protection and the local vet

Commore
14-Nov-10, 23:32
That's a good price, we paid £15 for ours.
:)

unicorn
15-Nov-10, 00:30
Do you need to book?
Are you guaranteed to get it done or is it dependant on numbers?

neepnipper
15-Nov-10, 14:57
No need to book, sure you'll be ok for getting your cat chipped as they'll have plenty.

Dadie
15-Nov-10, 15:03
Sounds good...
But the logistics for me...Lauren is at ballet in the assembly rooms from 10-11....do I take the cat with me? will he enjoy it? Or trail back to Watten and get him, then back to Wick:lol:
He always sounds like im murdering him when he is in the cat carrier....and wont speak for days if he has been to the vets!

tartanyorkie
15-Nov-10, 19:00
Mine desperately needs to be done now after the last weeks escapade but do not think he will ever forgive me, He was moved to a new house, kept in for a week and then went missing for a week. The poor thing was a rescue cat when I got him in the first place 8 years ago so not sure about putting him through more stress.

Dadie
16-Nov-10, 15:13
Well I decided it might be safer to get mine done, as he goes out/awol...and takes his collar off before he returns!
Its always another way of being reunited if they go missing....

Serenity
17-Nov-10, 20:52
Bargain! All ours are already done but this is great for those that aren't.

Tilly Teckel
19-Nov-10, 21:30
This may be a stupid question since its the Cats Protection organising it BUT..... is it just cats or do they do dogs too? Worth an ask!

lindsaymcc
19-Nov-10, 21:41
I wondered too - but all the adverts say cats.

Its only £15 from the vets though, so Im happy to take Jake to have his chip done when he gets his first jabs.

neepnipper
19-Nov-10, 22:35
It's just for cats this time.

Dadie
20-Nov-10, 14:43
Thats Frodo done!
He yowled all the way there...and all the way home...not sure if he yowled in the car while Lauren had her ballet lesson:lol:
But its another bit of peace of mind incase he disappears.