PDA

View Full Version : Checking emails when away from home.

bekisman
14-Nov-10, 20:35
Recently been away on holiday in Lancashire and Cornwall and need to check our emails. Usually we nip into a library and use their facilities, but often, trying to park is a blinking nuisance.. Why not take a laptop? and use WiFi well that's a wee bit chunky to lug about, so looked around and found the Disco Net Browser 3000 ideal for our purpose.. Just 8 inches by 5 inches, it's an entry level net browser for email and basic Internet surfing.. (a very miniture Lap Top)

Nipping into MacDonald's or Wetherspoon for their free WiFi it was good to be able to receive and send emails, check what time Plymouth's National Aquarium opened, train times etc, very pleased with it's performance, and best of all it slipped into Mrs Beks handbag! AND at just £89 a bargain

ducati
19-Nov-10, 16:41
Recently been away on holiday in Lancashire and Cornwall and need to check our emails. Usually we nip into a library and use their facilities, but often, trying to park is a blinking nuisance.. Why not take a laptop? and use WiFi well that's a wee bit chunky to lug about, so looked around and found the Disco Net Browser 3000 ideal for our purpose.. Just 8 inches by 5 inches, it's an entry level net browser for email and basic Internet surfing.. (a very miniture Lap Top)

Nipping into MacDonald's or Wetherspoon for their free WiFi it was good to be able to receive and send emails, check what time Plymouth's National Aquarium opened, train times etc, very pleased with it's performance, and best of all it slipped into Mrs Beks handbag! AND at just £89 a bargain

Or use your phone.

upolian
19-Nov-10, 18:27
Is £89 a 1 off fee?

Garnet
20-Nov-10, 00:51
bekisman, sounds interesting can you say where you got it from and is it as asked, a one of payment. cheers.

Metalattakk
20-Nov-10, 06:54
Is £89 a 1 off fee?

bekisman, sounds interesting can you say where you got it from and is it as asked, a one of payment. cheers.

Of course it's a one off fee. Known generally as a 'price'. :roll:

£99 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disgo-DISNET3000R-Net-Browser-3000/dp/B002TIOC4Q). A simple net-browser, not even a netbook, but enough to get you surfing the 'net.

As Ducati says, you could use your smart phone, but then how many of them have a 7" screen?

Edit: Ach, just seen that it doesn't support Flash, nor broadband dongle. It's basically a bag of pants. ;)

upolian
20-Nov-10, 10:27
It could have been £89 for 1 year????

bekisman
20-Nov-10, 12:40
Or use your phone.

Yeah right - don't have a smart phone.

I have used a flexible mini - roll-up keyboard and a mouse, so can use it with my BIG hands and fingers exactly like a PC - not quite sure if these 'phones have big keyboard for old fahrts like me? and judging by the interest, others are interested too...

bekisman
20-Nov-10, 12:53

Yep, got mine from Currys at £89 and that's it.. used the free Wi-fi in MacDonald's most of the time, you have to register with 'the cloud'..
Obviously not a top end gizmo, "entry level net browser for email and basic internet surfing" it does as it says on the tin.. it was quite interesting sitting in Wetherspoons and MacDonald's beside others who were using their laptops to see the interest generated by this fully functional little email/browser..

Although my son - First class honours degree and two top prizes from Abertay Uni in Computing, thought it 'ideal' for my uses...;)

ducati
20-Nov-10, 13:18
Yeah right - don't have a smart phone.

I have used a flexible mini - roll-up keyboard and a mouse, so can use it with my BIG hands and fingers exactly like a PC - not quite sure if these 'phones have big keyboard for old fahrts like me? and judging by the interest, others are interested too...

No, my phone is pants, it is designed for people 30 years younger than me[lol]

bekisman
20-Nov-10, 13:42
No, my phone is pants, it is designed for people 30 years younger than me[lol]

Wot you're not an old fhart too? my mobile needs wheels!