PDA

View Full Version : Another sad reflection....

Moira
14-Nov-10, 19:56
.... on how Man's Best Friend is cruelly treated. This frail, elderly Golden Retriever was tied to a fence and left to die.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-11742079

I can't even begin to understand the mindset of the person who did this. :~(

Liz
14-Nov-10, 20:21
Oh Moira that is so sad!:~(

Like you I just can't fathom how someone can treat a faithful companion in such a way at the time he needed them most!

Run free darling dog. xx

Sarah
14-Nov-10, 20:38
I saw that as well, just shocking :( I wonder if it was to make way for a Christmas puppy? I do hope someone is found, this poor dog deserves justice.

teenybash
14-Nov-10, 21:02
So very, very sad and who knows the reasons behind abandoning such a faithful friend. It is beyond my comprehension how anyone with a conscience can be capable of such heartless cruelty. RIP Old Boy, you are safe and warm now.:~(

Commore
14-Nov-10, 22:56
I looked at this earlier, and it was / is so sad, and worse still because the dog was elderly,
at the moment we have five elderly dogs, two of which are stone deaf, one is blind, the other nearly blind, two have just come through very serious surgery
and are recovering nicely,
and the fifth is a bit senile,
I cannot even consider that someone has had that poor dog all of it's life, the dog no doubt faithful and giving unconditional love to that person, only to be tied to a fence in it's old age,

Why didn't the person just have the good sense to hand the dog into a centre,
rather than subject the dog to such an undignified end.

It would make a person weep and nearly did.

unicorn
15-Nov-10, 00:34
I saw this in the paper yesterday, how can someone live with themselves doing such a terrible thing to an innocent dog who has probably been loyal to them all his life.
RIP old man, you gave them your best and have more humanity than those who left you.

Moira
15-Nov-10, 00:49
I'm guessing that this was the old pet of someone who died. I'm also guessing that the "family" abandoned him.

There is no way anyone who had anything to do with the upbringing of this Golden Retriever abandoned him.

Run free.....

Aaldtimer
15-Nov-10, 04:24
I looked at this earlier, and it was / is so sad, and worse still because the dog was elderly,
at the moment we have five elderly dogs, two of which are stone deaf, one is blind, the other nearly blind, two have just come through very serious surgery
and are recovering nicely,
and the fifth is a bit senile,
I cannot even consider that someone has had that poor dog all of it's life, the dog no doubt faithful and giving unconditional love to that person, only to be tied to a fence in it's old age,

Why didn't the person just have the good sense to hand the dog into a centre,
rather than subject the dog to such an undignified end.

It would make a person weep and nearly did.

So, it's not only the Irish that are culpable eh?[disgust]

Commore
15-Nov-10, 20:40
So, it's not only the Irish that are culpable eh?[disgust]
:( sadly no.

Serenity
17-Nov-10, 20:57
So horrible. I have seen so many similar stories recently.
I know it would bring in extra costs for responsible dog owners but I think it is time all dogs need to be registered and chipped so the people responsible for this kind of cruelty can be found. Of course it has it's problems, the people who do this are least likely to stick to the rules being the main one. Also maybe it could lead to owners being falsely accused if their dog has been stolen or similar?
I don't know, but something has to be done.
Heartbreaking.

Dadie
17-Nov-10, 22:08
Sad world...
No one cares anymore about anything!

Poppy dog tried to do the dead dog act again this week (pancreas probs) and was at the vets today, but would I do that to her....NO!

Pets are for life.

Chipping is only ok if the details are kept up to date ie address changed if you move or re home the animal....and how many of the people who would do such a thing update the details on the chip database?....my guess is none!