PDA

View Full Version : Regarding lindsaymcc thread - TV Problems

Moonboots
14-Nov-10, 15:49
Hi,

I would just like to inform you that there are currently no transmission faults with Rumster Forest or Keelylang Hill Transmitters.

I would advise that the fault is down to the aerial which would need realligned.

Theres no point in your granny going out to buy a new TV as her equipment she already has will be fine. (All freeview boxes/TV's have different ways to cope with the signals and strengths) Thats why the freeview box before had no problems when the replacement box however does have problems.

Your granny might buy a new TV and it might work fine or it could turn out the same as it is at the moment.

This is not the way to go to get a good signal... The main cause is down to the aerial or downlead/connections.... The problem will end up getting worse and you will be back to square one...

Yesterday is a less robust signal so if the aerial has moved with the wind slightly then you may lose this picture.

Moonboots
14-Nov-10, 15:52
One more thing a forgot to add...

There will be engineering works happening from the 15th November on the Rumster Forest Transmitter and will last for a week. You may lose some channels and disruption to the TV signals however the Radio signals should be fine.

lindsaymcc
14-Nov-10, 16:33
Thanks so much for that!

Will be asking chessors to take a look at the aerial before i let her spend out on a new TV - the TV she has in only 6yrs old anyway so really dont want her doing it if we can avoid it!

_Ju_
14-Nov-10, 16:55
Thank you moonboots, but the channels are back. I did not touch the areal. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch in signal.

Kodiak
14-Nov-10, 16:56
Thanks so much for that!

Will be asking chessors to take a look at the aerial before i let her spend out on a new TV - the TV she has in only 6yrs old anyway so really dont want her doing it if we can avoid it!

I would ask Moonboots to have a look, he is better and will not charge you an Arm and a Leg either.

He relocated my Sky Cable and he did a very efficient job with no mess and was less than a third of what Colin Chessor wanted.

badger
14-Nov-10, 17:06
Afraid I wouldn't use CC again either after last visit - charged a lot and don't believe what they told me (without going into details). Different guys from previous ones I had and not impressed.

He did everything with my current setup and I still get loss of sync. and, what's more annoying, complete loss of picture with one digibox (bought from him). Always seems to happen at a critical moment in the plot as well and by the time it comes back the moment has passed. Expect I should take it back but can't face it.

Never had any problems before switchover and I know so many, including dealers, who say it's been a disaster. Includes some older people who had the over-75 help, turned out not very helpful.

poppett
14-Nov-10, 17:06
I second that, Kodiak. Moonboots is brilliant!

lindsaymcc
14-Nov-10, 17:10
Thanks for the recommendations - will talk to Granny in the morning!

LENSMAN
14-Nov-10, 17:11
Lost a few channels earlier this year, fitted new low loss co-ax cable and everything was fine.
Might be worth trying a reel off of e-bay it isn't too dear.

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 15:32
Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your help and assistance on this problem.

All resolved now - just a slight re-tune needed thanks to the digi switch over.

Am absolutely disgusted at a shop in Thurso trying to get an old lady to spend £1000 + on a new TV when it wasnt needed.

Well done Chessors for getting straight to the issue and having it resolved within half an hour!

upolian
18-Nov-10, 15:33
tv in thurso for over 1000......pm details please??

lindsaymcc
18-Nov-10, 17:50
PM sent! :Razz