PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my quiet cat

magicgirl1974
14-Nov-10, 12:47
Hi

I have one remaining cat, Bob, who is 15.5 years old. His brother Vic was put down on friday due to a respiratory infection as the vet said he had other underlying health issues. I dashed Bob to the vets yesterday and he was given an injection of antiinflammatories (bad tooth), fluids and antibiotics as he had a temperature. They also did blood tests which I should hopefully get the results of today. He is very quiet in himself. He had his vaccinations Friday night. I was told he is about 400g underweight. I have swapped him back onto wet food and am feeding him on his own in case the dog is wolfing down Bob's food. He is walking around ok but is sleeping a lot. They said his breathing was fine but his heart was a bit fast yesterday at the vets. He is eating and drinking plenty (even voluntarily drinking the rehydration water stuff, yesterday I fed him some down a syringe. )

I am very worried, don't want to lose my little 3 legged ball of fluff too. Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Debbie

Liz
14-Nov-10, 13:36
Aw Debbie so sorry you lost Vic.:~(

It's bad enough losing one without having to worry about another.

If Bob had toothache then this could have been why he wasn't eating well and hence the weightloss. Now that he is eating okay he should put the weight back on.
His heart was probably going fast at the vets due to nerves. I know this happens to all my pets.
You know what it's like when you go for an appointment you're nervous about. The heart goes pitter patter!

He will also be missing his pal and this makes them go quiet and sleep even more.
My wee cat Suzy did this when she lost her brothers.
They grieve and suffer from depression just like we do.

I would highly recommend the homeopathic remedy Ignatia for grief.

Hope the blood results give good news but we're all here for you as we know what it's like to worry about a furbaby. xx