PDA

View Full Version : dangers of dog walking *G*

brandy
14-Nov-10, 10:43
ok i feel like i have been beaten nearly to death today!
day before yesterday took spot for a walk, we were walking out by grizly park.. and you know where the dog waste bin is, we turned down to go to the bottom.
well.... the steps past the well was wet, and even with gripy walking shoes not fun! here i was carefully baby steps going down spot waiting patiently at the bottom when whoosh.. there goes my foot and about 8 steps from the bottom i decided to go fast and had the rest of the way down!when i landed i jumped up as i hit a puddle then nearly fell again as the pain hit.. up my back down my leg.. almost to make you sick.. i made it to the railing held on thinkking .. omg what am i gonna do? finally cowboyed up and limped home.. however i am now black and blue, swollen hip back bum and upper leg. from my neck arm back leg and my poor bum i still cant sit two days later! ouch!!
but seriously guys be careful out walking.. im pretty robust and have plenty of padding.. but you can really hurt yourselves this time of year with wet slippery steps!

just re read that.. just my back bum and hip that is swollen.. *G* the rest is just owch owie.. poor me sore!

donnick
14-Nov-10, 10:46
you should get urself check out at the Docs

Gronnuck
14-Nov-10, 12:39
Pssssst - I'll bet Spot thought it was a game and you were being very funny :lol:;)

billmoseley
14-Nov-10, 13:00
hope you recover soon. poor Spot whats he going to do for walks? but i know exactly what your saying i have fallen many a time while out with the dogs in wet slippy weather and Mrs M could slip on any surface wet or dry lololol

brandy
14-Nov-10, 13:07
poor boy he jsut having to wait a few days! *laughs* he was really good.. he sat lovley at the bottom looking at me as if.. you alright? ready to go yet? had to walk him home off lead as i couldnt bend to latch it. that was scary as he still young and not enough sense to stay off the road the whole time! had to call him back half a dozen times! thank god for good recall!

Dadie
14-Nov-10, 13:34
Poor you!
Get hubby to rub arnica cream all over the bruises and sore bits!
Ps hope not too many people saw the fall it would have looked funny and your pride would be severly dented too!

Hoida
14-Nov-10, 13:40
Hope you soon feel better, no fun being sore in rear end and other places Take care:mad:

Liz
14-Nov-10, 13:44
Oh I know the feeling Brandy!

Went for a walk on the golf course and went over a wooden 'bridge' which I didn't realise was slidy and went a over t!!!
Banged my knee which is bruised and swollen, hurt my shoulder, back and hips.
Carried on with my walk though but was afraid to go back over the same bit.

Hope you recover soon Brandy and, Dadie is right, Arnica is great for bumps, bruises and sprains. I have it in a bath soak as well.

Dadie
14-Nov-10, 13:55
Wallow in a hot bath topping up the hot...until you turn wrinkly...use a nice bubble bath and just soak...
Couple of paracetamol for the aches...
Arnica for the bruises....
Heat packs and frozen peas where needed:eek:
(the worst battering like that I took was slipping on something on the steps in the old viewfirth sports bar sober going into a works do. I was black and blue from my shoulders to my knees with a puffy ankle as well)
Felt sorry for myself for a good week and my night out was cut very short...10 mins out thats all just enough time to limp home:eek:

brandy
14-Nov-10, 14:01
*laughs* have done the hot bath and went to bed with my hot water bottle last night.
just feeling sorry for my self now.
not a soul in sight when i was out walking spot!
at least i had my mobile with me in case i really got hurt!
i do worry as there are a lot of older people out walking and its not fun getting broken.
at least i bounce! *G* not as much as i use to but not to badly *laughs*
on a serious note though! just remember to take a phone with you folks when you go out! never know when you'll need it!
and thanks for all the good wishes! mostly my pride and my bum thats bruised though!

Bazeye
14-Nov-10, 16:22
A few years ago I slipped on some dog mess, sprained my wrist trying to break my fall and ended up sat in the stuff. Oh, how I laughed.

Blarney
14-Nov-10, 18:50
I'd be boaking not laughing :~(

pat
14-Nov-10, 19:44
did it two or three years ago - same time of year, just before Remembrance day - covered in bruises, cut legs and arms, sprained wrist.
Had to go to hospital to get wrist checked, mainly as wrist and lower arm had swollen up in seconds, they checked me all over too as I was so shocked and bleeding from so many places.

Hope you take it easy - as if you could, hope you do not feel too stiff when you start on the move properly again.

Get someone else to take Spot out for a good few days - they may enjoy it as much as Spot does.

Get well soon

Dadie
15-Nov-10, 16:40
Hows your sore bits now?
Got any really exciting coloured/shaped bruises yet?:eek:

brandy
15-Nov-10, 17:12
now the bruising is up my back! *G* but i can sit now with only discomfort! but wow at the bruising! its still all black so really bad bruising! im waiting for the rainbow to come out*laughs* you want a pic dadie?;)

Liz
15-Nov-10, 19:06
Oh poor Brandy. Bruising can be so painful.

Do you have a V-shaped pillow you can prop yourself up on as this might help?
Get some Arnica gel slapped on!!:lol: