PDA

View Full Version : Television/Digi Box/Ariel Problems!

lindsaymcc
13-Nov-10, 19:25
Hi Orgers!

My wee Granny bless her is having some trouble, and Im just not up to speed on all things techno!

Basically 3 weeks ago, the remote control for her digi box wasnt working properly, so we changed batteries etc but to no avail. We thought it must be a problem with the box, so she got in contact with a shop in town who came to have a look. After having a play, he decided the digi box was probably faulty, and gave a loan one to her while they tried to sort the problem with the old one.

Since having the new box, she is complaining on the picture intermittently crackling and losing speech on programmes. She is now of the impression she needs a new TV, and is all set to go and blow a huge amount of money on a new one on monday.

However, Im of the mind that this is probably more a signal issue than a TV issue? Wondered if anyone could possibly shed any ideas on things to check out before she parts with her life savings!!!! We will be going down to a different shop in town on monday as she has lost all faith in the first one!

_Ju_
13-Nov-10, 19:33
I think there is a signal problem. i am out in Keiss and have lost a few channels and others with poor signal for the last few days. I was hoping it was a transmitter problem and not my areal that was knocked out of line with the wind. I think it must be a transmitter problem because the internal areal on another telly is missing the same channels ( I only know one of the missing channels that I sometimes watch: Yesterday. The others I am not sure of as I rescanned the tv)I

Lingland
13-Nov-10, 19:56
Could you try a portable telly and then you would know.

lindsaymcc
13-Nov-10, 20:10
I did think of the portable idea, but my Granny is set in her ways and doesnt want me "playing" with the equipment on loan!

Just really wondered if anyone thought it was more likely to be an aerial problem rather than TV problem!

Guess only a trip to Chessors on Monday will be the way forward! Thanks for the help though!