PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders.

Corrie 3
13-Nov-10, 13:28
I must admit that I dont watch or follow this soap, I know it is supposed to depict life in the East end of London and thats about all I know. I have left the TV on a few times while this programme has been on and although I am not watchin it I cant help but notice that whole programme seems to consist of people shouting and arguing in loud voices.
Does anyone know if it does depict the real life of Eastenders? Do they shout and argue with each other in this part of London?
If they do I am afraid I coudnt live my life like that, they all sound very stressed up indeed and I imagine it coudnt be much of a life for them.
Anybody on here lived down that way at all?

C3...:confused

sintra307
13-Nov-10, 14:05
cor blimey mate. you watched river city lately?. both soap operas not real life.

dafi
13-Nov-10, 14:19
Na its not much like my experience of living in the east end.

John Little
13-Nov-10, 14:26
LOL! I lived in the East End for 6 years - on the Isle of Dogs before they gentrified it. It's nothing like that- I don't watch it either - it's a load of rubbish.

For one thing they don't swear nearly enough. And on telly they lead such dramatic lives. The East end was boring mate! You had to go up west for a show and to take your bird out you went down to the bottom of the island and walked through to Greenwich where there were some decent restaurants.

For Indian, Brick lane and for Chinese- Commercial Road. Chrisp street market for cheap stuff- or Brick lane. But some rattling good pubs - the Grapes, 5 bells and bladebones, the Hollands (my favourite) the Watney lamp - but not the Prospect of Whitby because it was stuffed out with Tourists. An interesting one was the Gun where the upper room had a periscope down to the public bar and you could see if the police came in the front door.

billmoseley
13-Nov-10, 17:19
what do you mean they are not real life? you mean to tell me this isn't a true story my whole world has been shattered. i thought it was filmed in a real square with real family's I'm gutted. next you will be telling me DR Who isn't true either.[lol]

Tangerine-Dream
02-Mar-11, 23:06
Do they shout and argue with each other in this part of London?

I think they throw shoes at each other these days.... not many Londoners left in the East End.

bekisman
02-Mar-11, 23:45
LOL! I lived in the East End for 6 years - on the Isle of Dogs before they gentrified it. It's nothing like that- I don't watch it either - it's a load of rubbish.

For one thing they don't swear nearly enough. And on telly they lead such dramatic lives. The East end was boring mate! You had to go up west for a show and to take your bird out you went down to the bottom of the island and walked through to Greenwich where there were some decent restaurants.

For Indian, Brick lane and for Chinese- Commercial Road. Chrisp street market for cheap stuff- or Brick lane. But some rattling good pubs - the Grapes, 5 bells and bladebones, the Hollands (my favourite) the Watney lamp - but not the Prospect of Whitby because it was stuffed out with Tourists. An interesting one was the Gun where the upper room had a periscope down to the public bar and you could see if the police came in the front door.

Wot! no jellied eels?

debimac
02-Mar-11, 23:51
Not being funny but sometimes on this site it's a bit like a soap. People arguing and shouting! ;)
I am one of the saddoes that watch it!
I don't watch any of the others tho!
If you watch any of the soaps they are all the same! Murder, arguing, affairs etc.
I will say tho have you seen the price of food in beales cafe? For bangers and mash i think it's about £7.50!! (There is some comedy in there too) :lol:

toffee_pie
03-Mar-11, 00:22
I must admit that I dont watch or follow this soap, I know it is supposed to depict life in the East end of London and thats about all I know. I have left the TV on a few times while this programme has been on and although I am not watchin it I cant help but notice that whole programme seems to consist of people shouting and arguing in loud voices.
Does anyone know if it does depict the real life of Eastenders? Do they shout and argue with each other in this part of London?
If they do I am afraid I coudnt live my life like that, they all sound very stressed up indeed and I imagine it coudnt be much of a life for them.
Anybody on here lived down that way at all?

C3...:confused

eastenders is for retards tbh...! I met a chap on the stranraer ferry and he said the further you get away from london, the nicer the people get...

cant argue with him.!

eastenders is brain dead tv, like big brother and the likes.

ducati
03-Mar-11, 00:31
I think all the people in the East End drive Ferraris and live in Penthouses and are 'something in the city' or Architects.

secrets in symmetry
03-Mar-11, 00:40
I must admit that I dont watch or follow this soap, I know it is supposed to depict life in the East end of London and thats about all I know.I've heard it said that EastEnders is an accurate depiction of life in the East End...of Wick.

No, I'm not joking, I really have.

Phill
03-Mar-11, 00:54
Just like Coronation St, that's like real life too.

And Holby, now that should be the flagship of the NHS. Major heart surgery......15 mins done, in out & up n' about.

Now Question Time is just about idiots on another planet with no grip on reality, but then it's good for target practice. Throwing beer cans at the tellybox.

John Little
03-Mar-11, 08:15
Wot! no jellied eels?

Yuk! I hate the things - totally slimy and repulsive. And pie and mash is like Kennomeat sandwiched between two sheets of salty blotting paper.

northener
03-Mar-11, 08:50
Yuk! I hate the things - totally slimy and repulsive. And pie and mash is like Kennomeat sandwiched between two sheets of salty blotting paper.

And your problem with that is what, exactly?:Razz

I used to live on the Isle of Sheppey and ride into London (60 miles away) to work as a courier (motorbike), I used to see more 'East End' types on the Isle of Sheppey than I ever did in East Lunnin'.[lol]

debimac
03-Mar-11, 10:01
eastenders is for retards tbh...! I met a chap on the stranraer ferry and he said the further you get away from london, the nicer the people get...

cant argue with him.!

Can I just say that I am not a retard as you describe the people that watch it!
I'll have you know I have ologies in a lot of subjects. :eek:
Please choose your words carefully or i'll chuck yu outta my pub!! :lol:

John Little
03-Mar-11, 11:37
And your problem with that is what, exactly?:Razz

I used to live on the Isle of Sheppey and ride into London (60 miles away) to work as a courier (motorbike), I used to see more 'East End' types on the Isle of Sheppey than I ever did in East Lunnin'.[lol]

Well I like food that can be digested by humans...

I was on Sheppey a few weeks ago. THey all go there from the East End in summer. It was deserted and very very spooky. Something un-natural and loathsome about Sheppey - something of the underworld....

DeHaviLand
03-Mar-11, 12:05
I lived and worked on the Isle of Dogs for a year in 1984/85. Good people on the whole, but like everywhere else it had its bad element. There was a substantial ' white settler' population at that time. One thing that sticks in my mind was the sense of community, looking out for neighbours etc. Even the gangsters tended not to crap on their own doorstep. Like John Little, this was before the area was turned over to to the development of £1,000,000 1 bedroom flats. In fact I was doing part of the flood defences as the fore-runner to this development.

dafi
03-Mar-11, 15:25
I lived on the Isle of Grain for years( top place, great folks) and it bears no resembalnce at all to the Isle of dogs(where i also lived).

Sheppey is a flat, wet, wind blown place full of londons english refugees, with one road in and out. I would have thought anyone from Caithness would have felt right at home there!!;)

As for pie n mash....at the risk of the wife seeing this cos she allways drags us in for a plate full of this delicate necter each and every time we are down....its tasteless slop unimproved by the addition of liquer....Its the real secret shame of the east end!!!:lol:

bekisman
03-Mar-11, 15:27

cant argue with him.!

Ok; genuine question - as you are not a 'retard' or brain dead', what do you watch on telly?

Walter Ego
04-Mar-11, 09:00
Ok; genuine question - as you are not a 'retard' or brain dead', what do you watch on telly?

Teletubbies?

ducati
04-Mar-11, 09:09
Even the gangsters tended not to crap on their own doorstep. Like John Little,

:eek: Oh er John....respect.....the bung is in the post so my car wash doesn't burn down :D

John Little
04-Mar-11, 11:05
Shall I make you an offer you caynt refoose?