PDA

View Full Version : sewing

brandy
13-Nov-10, 06:09
does any one teach sewing?
its something that i have always wanted to learn to do.
if anyone does or knows of someone who does let me know! *G*
pref. on the wick side if possible.
brandy

Suth11
15-Nov-10, 18:17
I would love to learn how to sew aswell

I can put a button back on but it looks terrible so if anyone could help that would be great :D

sweetpea
15-Nov-10, 20:54
I love sewing! I've been doing it for about a year now just trying things out myself. There might be classes at the craft shop on the street. I know they do other craft classes such as paper and quillting.
I didn't go to any classes instead I just got a machine and tried things out and looked on the net for ideas. :) Sometimes I just hand sew, nothing fancy.

lindsaymcc
15-Nov-10, 21:49
I got a sewing machine for my birthday in august........ have used it once to get to "know" it....... its sat in its box since!

MUST MUST MUST make use of it, but am scared! Its so pretty!!! [lol][lol][lol]

brandy
15-Nov-10, 21:51
maybe we should start a sewing circle and see if we can figure out what to do! *laughs*

sweetpea
16-Nov-10, 00:20
maybe we should start a sewing circle and see if we can figure out what to do! *laughs*

Funnily, I was thinking the same thing. A Stitch'n'Bitch or Sewing Bee for those that want to be politically correct! ;)

brandy
17-Nov-10, 15:51
ok, hands raised who wants to give it a go.. and try a sewing circle? self taught that is!

lindsaymcc
17-Nov-10, 15:59
count me in!

suz86
02-Apr-11, 16:38
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you did start a wee sewing group? and are you open to others joining you?

I've just recently started teaching myself to sew...would be good to have a little help sometimes though :)

Thanks
Suzie

whistlehigh
12-May-11, 20:27
Wondering if the' sewing bee' has started yet?

bullielove
12-May-11, 21:37
Hey Brandy

Im sure that the wee sewing shop in Wick (is it bits and bobs or something like that) used to teach sewing on a saturday morning in the shop

SunnyChick
14-May-11, 20:40
The BB&C craft shop in Wick do sewing lessons. It's mostly quilting, etc, rather than dressmaking, but I'm sure it would give you the skills you need to get started, help you find your way around the maching etc. I got my machine online from Tesco last year, about £50 and it's really decent.

SunnyChick
14-May-11, 20:41
maching = machine oops lol!