PDA

View Full Version : Getonyernerves getonyernerves

shazzap
12-Nov-10, 12:38
Which person/s, really get on your nerves in any TV ad.

Mine at the moment is.........The woman who comes home, her husband opens the door and she says very sullonly............It was raining.[evil]

I feel like slapping her face. I know i shouldn't, but.;)

upolian
12-Nov-10, 12:40
Most tv adverts/programmes get on my nerves,hyped up rubbish!!

Corrie 3
12-Nov-10, 13:30
Mine gripe isnt adverts cos I dont watch them, but, its BBC news readers and reporters. They all (most) seem to have a very Holier than thou, I am better than you, I know it all attitude when interviewing people.
Nick Robinson, John Sopel, Jeremy Paxman, Andrew Neil, the list goes on and on.
If I had my way I would make them all do a "proper" job for 2 years, something like a miner or trawlerman in the hope that they would gain some respect for other people because of what I can see they havent got any at the moment.

C3.....:mad:[evil]

dafi
12-Nov-10, 13:36
Christmas adverts encouraging folks to spend spend spend realy get on my nerves....and they are just just getting under way!!

shazzap
12-Nov-10, 14:25
Christmas adverts encouraging folks to spend spend spend realy get on my nerves....and they are just just getting under way!!

Same here. They seem to get earlier each year.

Shabbychic
12-Nov-10, 14:38
Two that really get to me are the Go Compare Guy, and the one that keeps on about Num, Num, Num, Num, Num. :mad::mad:

There are so many annoying adverts that I try as often as possible to tape all the programmes on Sky+ so that I can fast-forward the adverts. :)

shazzap
12-Nov-10, 14:46
Two that really get to me are the Go Compare Guy, and the one that keeps on about Num, Num, Num, Num, Num. :mad::mad:

There are so many annoying adverts that I try as often as possible to tape all the programmes on Sky+ so that I can fast-forward the adverts. :)

The two you mention also annoy me, i suppose when i think about it, there are quite a few.
In the grand scheme of things, it's a bit silly really. Just can't help it.

John Little
12-Nov-10, 14:48
Go compare and those two idiots 118 118. [evil]

merlzin
12-Nov-10, 17:35
That Isa Isa advert for Halifax.I cant stand it.[evil]

Ricco
12-Nov-10, 17:50
Yep - the Isa, Isa ad... and that idiot with the knitted monkey.

annemarie482
12-Nov-10, 18:03
ok so hes not in an advert......
but i cant stand SEAN BATTY the weatherman!!!
i hate the way he looks (so smarmy and with gelled up fringe)
i hate the why he speaks (tries his best to be very posh but the accent slips up 3/4 times a sentence:roll:)
i just plain hate him!
dont think i'd ever get bored of slapping that stupid face!!:lol:
(hypothetically of course ;))

shazzap
12-Nov-10, 20:46
i hate the why he speaks (tries his best to be very posh but the accent slips up 3/4 times a sentence:roll:)
i just plain hate him!
dont think i'd ever get bored of slapping that stupid face!!

LOL

Hypothetically of course Mwahahaha[lol]

gollach
12-Nov-10, 21:14
i just plain hate him!
dont think i'd ever get bored of slapping that stupid face!!:lol:

He is SOOOOO annoying!

annemarie482
12-Nov-10, 21:22
glad im not alone there folks!! :lol:

oh and did i mention i am actually allergic to cliff richard !!!

highland red
12-Nov-10, 22:36
Inclined to agree with Corrie 3 and Upolian generally loads of cr@p on adverts etc

One of my pet hates are the "Subway" ads with the "super fast, super macho voice over". Could you imagine a bloke with the same macho voice phoning up BT about his bill?

Why do we need "Americanisms" rammed down our throats, along with the colloquialisms too? Don't get on to me about being anti USA as my Grandmother was American.

KFC, fries, side, offer in store from December 15!!! What happened to December the 15th?

Obsession with abbreviations. National Geographic becomes Nat Geo, Bio, CI on HD and so on.

I'm going to have to go as I could spend a while on this stuff. G.O.M.:confused.
(Grumpy Old Man).

cecile
12-Nov-10, 23:28
the one that drives me up the wall is that ad for a bingo website( think its 888 bingo or so) you know this guy trying to dress up as a lady and says Binnnnnnnnngoooooooo in the end...

beetlecrusher
15-Nov-10, 16:59
Anything trying to sell me a sofa = I mean, how many do you need!!!!!

kwbrown111
16-Nov-10, 00:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1k5t-Tn1qg

Blarney
16-Nov-10, 00:24
Adrian Chiles is so annoying that I'd rather watch an irritating advert anyday. He's supposed to be hot property but he's got the kind of girning face you could just punch. When he comes on I switch off. The notion there is some sort of sexual chemistry between Christine Bleakley and him is laughable but the Daybreak team try to perpetuate this myth by having them share a small corner of the sofa. They are obviously directed to lean in towards each other and look cosy together but it looks so fake and contrived. Quite puts me off my porridge.