PDA

View Full Version : Council Special Collection Services

Moonboots
06-Aug-06, 12:07
Taking what Mooncat said in the "Wot - no Asda comments??!" thread.

She was talking about the mess the glebe is in with toys etc.....

Its not just the glebe it happens in.

I was watching one day when the Council came to collect a special collection and some kids went up and asked if they could have a few things and the workers gave them it... I think this is a total disgrace!!!!! How can streets keep clean if their workers are going to hand anything out to kids who ask for it. Surely the workers are not that stupid as to thinking the kids are taking it home and are going to be using it instead they are just leaving it in the streets.

I would not have believed it if it wasnt for my own eyes!!!!

Also just to point out that I have not seen the Road Sweeper since the past month in my street.

connieb19
06-Aug-06, 12:16
LOl I put out a DVD player for collection last week, I was doubtful whether it would still be there in the morning. I turned my back and it was gone within about 10 mins, how's that for recycling? :lol:
I agree with what you say about the binmen giving stuff to the kids, how stupid!!

Alicat
07-Aug-06, 20:50
Has anyone got the telephone number to phone to arrange items to be picked up ?:D

Mr P Cannop
07-Aug-06, 21:47
are you in wick or thurso ??

01955 607724
01847 895500

jayare
07-Aug-06, 23:51
Binmen are stupid? I think the binmen won't be happy with you blueivy...ehhh .. moonboots and connie19. I dont think they are stupid giving a child something in good faith.
Stupid is harsh words, lets hope the binmen don't know where you live lol.

Moonboots
08-Aug-06, 12:02
They might be giving the goods in good faith but that does not count to the fact that all the kids are going to do is throw it about the streets instead. When you get something uplifted then you dont expect any worker to give it back out again.. Dont get me wrong we are all interested in helping the environment by recycling but not this kind.

All what the workers are doing is making more workload for them to clean up again even though it will sit in the streets for weeks on end.

The binmen can knock on my door if they wish and I will tell them the same as what i said on here. I did not say they were stupid.. I said they cant be that stupid....lol

Im not just blaming the workers either... I blame the whole council issue with regards to the cleaning up of streets. I have seen a recent decline in this and yes we all know about the cutbacks etc. etc....

Binmen come round every week and empty bins...... Perfect!!!
Special Collection come round when needed........Perfect!!!
Recycling Centre open on the outskirts of Thurso......Perfect!!!
Road Sweeper coming round after binmen ........ Non Existant!!! Used to be every week
Special Collection men handing out goods to kids..... A Joke!!!
Repair work done on houses..... Also a Joke!!! Used to be their own workers.. now contractors and most dont give a monkeys!!

Thats my rant finished now.... lol

sam
08-Aug-06, 15:55
Also just to point out that I have not seen the Road Sweeper since the past month in my street.[/quote]

lol its more like 5 month since the roadsweep has been in thurso not just your street. ( now thats a disgrace)[disgust]

How can streets keep clean if their workers are going to hand anything out to kids who ask for it.[/quote]

I was up the glebe area today and noticed half the gardens are a disgrace,

yes, i agree that the workers shouldnt just hand stuff out to kids,
but if the parents are using their gardens as dumping grounds how can they possibly expect the kids to respect the streets and not dump their rubbish their [disgust]

they should be shown by a better example dont you think!!!!!!!!!

unicorn
08-Aug-06, 17:00
The streetsweeper comes to my street faithfully every week.

Billy Boy
08-Aug-06, 17:07
The streetsweeper comes to my street faithfully every week.

i take it your talking about the barrowman lol, cos it definatley wont of been the roadsweeper, cos it has been off the road for a good few months now

connieb19
08-Aug-06, 17:52
Stupid is harsh wordsStupid is only one word. :confused

Buttercup
08-Aug-06, 18:01
The road sweeper was being used by the blokes doing the roads in Thurso. Before they tarred a road they went round with the sweeper at 6am waking everyone in the area!

unicorn
08-Aug-06, 18:08
has it?? I assumed it was it I was hearing lol, must be the recycling one oops

jayare
08-Aug-06, 18:25
Stupid is only one word. :confused

Many many thanks Connie19 for going to all the trouble of logging in and replying and putting me straight. Boy was my face red when I noticed that I made a mistake. Me stoopid duh