PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer needed again please

Tugmistress
11-Nov-10, 21:07
We are looking for another volunteer in caithness to house a computer tower and weather station and allow it to be 'on' 24/7 and uploading to the net 24/7 too.

I have been given a computer tower and monitor etc that is currently being checked over and updated, the caithness branch of the brittish science association will supply the electronic weather station and software (i hope!), i will come and install the 'stuff' and be at the end of the phone to either talk through any problems/concerns or come out to you.

the data will upload to both Caithness Weather and the Caithness BSA website.

the only cost to the volunteer will be for a pole for the windy thing and a bit of time helping me set it all up if you normally have your broadband running 24/7

If you are interested in helping out please either pm me or reply here :)

Thanks

Paula

Tugmistress
12-Nov-10, 14:40
Hi,
i would just like to thank all those that pm'd me about another site for a weather station, i will be replying to all tonight, there are quite a few choices and i have to make up my mind now eek! i want you all to have one but can't afford that outlay! lol

upolian
12-Nov-10, 17:56
How about 1 in watten?im up for that no problem :)

billmoseley
13-Nov-10, 17:24
how about one all the way out here near bettyhill

Tugmistress
13-Nov-10, 18:08
I wish i could put one everywhere that people have offered! i am looking at 4 options over the next few days and will post the new location as soon as i know :)

thank you again for all the offers :)