PDA

View Full Version : Stinker of a cold or other

teddybear1873
10-Nov-10, 19:28
2 weeks ago, I got the normal symptoms of a head cold - runny nose, headache. About 2 days after, it went down to my chest. Fever went up to 101-102 for 2 days. Got the hot and cold sweats then started coughing up phlegm for the next week, also having fits of cough during the night.

The cough then went from the phlegm to a very dry cough. Having then thinking of getting over it, 2 days ago the symptoms of a head cold is back.

Is this just bad cold, flu, virus infection or other?

PS - I haven't even had the flu or cold in over 2 years. Payback it seems

Invisible
10-Nov-10, 21:32
2 weeks ago, I got the normal symptoms of a head cold - runny nose, headache. About 2 days after, it went down to my chest. Fever went up to 101-102 for 2 days. Got the hot and cold sweats then started coughing up phlegm for the next week, also having fits of cough during the night.

The cough then went from the phlegm to a very dry cough. Having then thinking of getting over it, 2 days ago the symptoms of a head cold is back.

Is this just bad cold, flu, virus infection or other?

PS - I haven't even had the flu or cold in over 2 years. Payback it seems

Sounds similar to what I have. I am just passing it of as a cold

lindsaymcc
10-Nov-10, 21:33
I had this a few weeks back, but the cough is still lingering!!! Still occasional snuffles but no real killer again yet! It just seems to be dragging on!!!

We need a really hard frost to kill the bugs!!!!

Dadie
10-Nov-10, 23:31
Its what I was compaining about in my bugs thread....it lingers...for weeks and then when you think you are over it comes back with a vengence!

rupert
11-Nov-10, 21:08
Caught this bug a few weeks back and it developed into a terrible chesty cough that hung around for three weeks. Felt OK for about a week and a half and then it came back again and I've still got it, this time a dry tickly cough thats driving me round the twist!!!!!

Dadie
11-Nov-10, 21:24
The kids have still got snotty noses and feeling unwell...thats from the week before the October hols....
I hate this time of year when the coughs and colds are everywhere!

teddybear1873
11-Nov-10, 21:53
Well I've tried the old fashioned remedies plus anti-biotics, cough meds etc etc. It certainly doesn't want to shift. It's a stubborn .

Dadie
12-Nov-10, 10:13
We are all traipsing back to the doctors today.....
Everyone is still yucky...Laurens skin has broken out (it does that when she is run down) Euan is snotty and sounds rattly in the chest...Iona is still coughing and spluttering.....and all of them look heavy round the eyes and are just miserable and tired.
We either need a good frost to kill the bugs or a fortnight in the sun:lol:
Its a constant battle with colds and coughs at this time of year!

lindsaymcc
12-Nov-10, 18:47
Thats me back feeling like Ive been hit by a bus! Havent felt so awful in ages! And there I was thinking I only had the remaining cough to worry about - now feel like i could curl up in bed and sleep for a week!