PDA

View Full Version : fixing a hifi

hails4
05-Aug-06, 18:07
can anyone one give me any info on any local company within caithness that will fix a hifi? i know of chessors but i also know of their poor response time to fix it! thanks folks!

saxovtr
05-Aug-06, 18:24
alacam in thurso

pultneytooner
05-Aug-06, 19:44
can anyone one give me any info on any local company within caithness that will fix a hifi? i know of chessors but i also know of their poor response time to fix it! thanks folks!
Dunno if he still does it but hugo ross that has the fishing tackle shop might be worth a try.

Ali
05-Aug-06, 20:26
I've had a hifi at Alacams for about 8 months, still not fixed and I had to pay a deposit for them to look at it !! I ended up buying another from the Hydro.
Duncans in Inverness apparently give a good service.

hails4
05-Aug-06, 21:38
deary me, so is there no reliable service, i mean i could accept a week or 2 but certainly not 8 months!! half of these "smaller" companies are gurning about the likes of tesco coming, but id say good riddance to them as they deliver unacceptable service!!

fender
06-Aug-06, 15:54
I would certainly agree with using Duncans in Inverness. I fell into the 'Chessor' delay a few years ago. Never again! I've used Duncans twice for my Hi-Fi and a Video player and found them excellent. Down to Inverness in morning for meeting dropped of Hi-fi /Video picked up at night on way home. It would benefit to phone them first and explain the fault.

hails4
07-Aug-06, 09:07
thanks very much for the tips on Duncan's of Inverness, ill certainly give them a phone!

doyle
26-Jan-07, 01:12
Just spent time looking thru reccommendation pages & general pages for a previous post asking this question, but i can't find it. There is somewhere in Inverness I can remember reading about. I am going down in a couple of weeks and want to get it sorted when i'm there

Moira
26-Jan-07, 01:22
bringing to the top

Moira
26-Jan-07, 01:23
just brought the hi-fi thread you were looking for to the top & merged it with this one.

Will now move to Recommendations

doyle
26-Jan-07, 01:29
thx Moira - looked back as far as page 81!! Will fone them in morning

Moira
26-Jan-07, 01:33
Doyle - easiest way is to click on the "Search" option along the top here and put in a few keywords eg "hi-fi repairs". It helps keep the stress levels down :D

doyle
26-Jan-07, 01:42
Good tip Moira! Now, does anyone have the phone number or address of Duncans in Inverness?

RIR
27-Jan-07, 15:31
Duncan's Video Repair

Tel: 01463 712151
11 Carsegate Rd, Inverness IV3 8EX

Cheers

Ian.

LybsterLass
27-Jan-07, 22:20
Duncans will pick up and drop off anywhere, they are usually up here every Tuesday

doyle
27-Jan-07, 23:54
Thankyou LybsterLass & RIR. I am going down a week on Wednesday but I will give them a phone on Monday and see what they say, cheers!

plutonio
28-Jan-07, 19:51
i have used Telly on the Blink in inverness a couple of times and have found them to be very good

doyle
12-Feb-07, 22:37
Got my hifi fixed at Duncans in Inverness on Wednesday. In and back in the same day! Just to let folks know, they don't come up here once a week any more. Thanks for all your help