PDA

View Full Version : The Question Is....Towards or Away????

brokencross
13-Aug-04, 11:39
Forget the Olympics, the war in Iraq and is Tony Blair a plonker etc.

The question of the day is:

When fitting a new toilet roll, should the leading, important sheets be over the top and near the user or should it be, as my wife does over the back and hidden against the wall.

If you do respond to this please give reasons, it could save a marriage!!

On the other hand you could be like my teenage daughters and not bother fitting the new roll at all and just leave it on the bathroom floor.

Also, why did Izal make toilet paper out of hard tracing paper??

The Angel Of Death
13-Aug-04, 12:08
Neither the tp should be kept in the fridge (or extreme conditions the freezer) to keep it nice and cool after a good curry

trinkie
13-Aug-04, 12:43
Some research has shown that men always replace the toilet roll with the new leaf going towards the back, whereas women - sensibly in my opinion- have the new leaf conveniently coming towards the front for easy and quick access.
In some hotels the two corners of the leaf are then folded over to avoid any fumbling.
If however, you use newspapers cut into six inch squares and threaded on a piece of string, I highly recommend The Scotsman. The surface is pleasing to the touch and does the job to perfection.
If your reading taste demands the Times you will find a slighly less absorbent surface causing much discomfort. The Financial Times, I'm told, leaves the area with a pinkish tinge.......Both newspapers to be avoided.
If you use The Groat, do be careful - I once had a neighbour staring up at me.

golach
13-Aug-04, 13:25
[quote

Also, why did Izal make toilet paper out of hard tracing paper??[/quote]
[lol]
When in the Forces we had Izal with HM Government stamped on every leaf, and instructions for use of were "shiny side Officers & Non Coms" rough side all other ranks [lol]
Golach

sandyr
13-Aug-04, 15:17
Good day.,
Long long time since I heard of Izal/ and the comments/advice is very good.......sandyr

Tic Chick
13-Aug-04, 16:20
I had never really thought of this until my friend told me once it really bugged her if a toilet roll wasn't placed with the new sheet over the top at the front. Since then I cringe everytime I see someone with it 'the wrong way'

I guess a lot of people are going to be the same after reading this thread, I mean it's not something you would normally think about surely?!

trinkie
13-Aug-04, 18:18
A propos the above remarks and in lieu of the delicate issue therein.
I am prepared to run an experiment for a few days ..... downstairs lavvy to have toilet paper heading to the wall and upstairs lavvy toilet paper towards the user.
Let's see what the results will be.

Can I be serious? As I sit here contemplating such a thing I am blushing - nay, flushing bright red.

"ENGAGED"

Tugmistress
13-Aug-04, 18:38
yeah but wat should you do if you don't have a loo roll holder? [lol]

ŠAmethyst
13-Aug-04, 18:42
good point there... no loo holder... well, we use a basket to hold toilet roll in... there's a thought - are we the only one's with a basket next to the loo? lol

jb
13-Aug-04, 19:21
If you donot own a loo holder mounted handly on the wall beside the pan, donot leave the rolls on the floor beside the pan as if any gentlemen uses the toilet the top sheets of the rolls will become moist beforeuse by the next user (not a nice feeling). Loose toilet rolls should be stored safely on the edge of the bath(when not in use) or on top of the magazine rack containing the gardening / knitting / fishing and motor magazines which everyone keeps handy to while away the time when seated in the smallest room.

JB

webmannie
13-Aug-04, 20:06
yeah but wat should you do if you don't have a loo roll holder? [lol]

clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Kenn
13-Aug-04, 22:37
What a lot a tissue,
This has become a mighty issue,
Which way to hang the roll?
Answers very droll !
Marriages could split over this,
A mighty fuss over nowt I wis'.
Paper hanging from the front or back,
Not important to our Jack,
All that matters is there's a full roll there
So that those who follow have a share !

toodiemac
14-Aug-04, 22:49
I seem to remember that the correct way to hang toilet roll is with the new sheets at the back, but I may be wrong. That's the best way to hang it if you have children though, because those bored wee hands may spin and spin the roll and if it's at the front the whole lot comes off!!

squidge
15-Aug-04, 00:55
Im with you on this one i always hang mine to the back.

It looks neater

Jennie
15-Aug-04, 01:19
Iv'e never been bothered which way my toilet roll is! It's not a big issue to me!

abmlw
15-Aug-04, 02:32
Got to be in front.. back sticks against the wall and is hard to retrieve :D

daviddd
19-Aug-04, 21:52
yeah, I'm a front person too. You can even get away with using one hand if you stick your forehead onto the roll while you pull! :roll:

Zael
20-Aug-04, 08:51
I can't believe that so many people are posting facetious answers to such an important issue :)

Got to be over the top to the front, neatness has no place where practicality is required.

.::Zael::.

Anonymous
20-Aug-04, 19:46
Over the top.......Pink or white quilted with Aloe Vera. Anyone know why there is some people around that dont like putting a new roll on the holder....... :eyes

Tristan
20-Aug-04, 20:14
Why don't the manufacturers print the instructions for changing the loo roll on the cardboard roll, so that when the last sheet is used, you have a very handy "how to" reference for changing the paper!?!

AR
23-Aug-04, 14:02
Problem solved. Tonights job is........ fitting a second toilet roll dispenser! It also cures a second problem(sometimes)- the roll going done.