PDA

View Full Version : Shane Sutherland - ICT

WeeRob
08-Nov-10, 19:54
This should probably go in sport..

I see former Academy striker Shane Sutherland has established himself in the Inverness Caley Thistle team. Coming off the bench most weeks, Shane got a good write up for his display late on Saturday against Motherwell.

Great stuff Shane!

You can watch him pull off a great shot in the BBC highlights:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9161867.stm

Amy-Winehouse
09-Nov-10, 22:22
Hope he scores tonight & McGoo gets the sack, coz if he doesnt tonight, he will on saturday :Razz

ducati
09-Nov-10, 22:24
Yes, it should go in sport :Razz

buggyracer
10-Nov-10, 09:48
well done Shane, is he the first player from the county to have a sustained period of playing for a top flight Scottish team?

i know others from the county have been on the books of clubs but for one reason or the other it hasnt been for long.

WeeRob
10-Nov-10, 19:55
well done Shane, is he the first player from the county to have a sustained period of playing for a top flight Scottish team?

i know others from the county have been on the books of clubs but for one reason or the other it hasnt been for long.

Not too sure historically, but Gary Farquhar definitely played for St Johnstone in the Premier.

rob murray
12-Nov-10, 10:54
Not too sure historically, but Gary Farquhar definitely played for St Johnstone in the Premier.

Gary had a run of premier games, saw him score at Hearts ( on TV ) a cracker of a goal. Terry Butcher is on record confirming Shane as a first team player, those of you who were at the North Cup semi in Wick may remember Shane scoring in the WAFC v ICT game, one of the best gaols scored at the Harmsworth in many a year, blink and you missed it ! ICT staff really rate Shane and people are predicting a great future for him.

DeHaviLand
12-Nov-10, 11:34
Goalkeeper Bryan Gunn from Thurso played 21 first team games for Aberdeen at a time when Jim leighton was first choice goalkeeper, before moving to Norwich City.

Metalattakk
12-Nov-10, 13:40
Goalkeeper Bryan Gunn from Thurso played 21 first team games for Aberdeen at a time when Jim leighton was first choice goalkeeper, before moving to Norwich City.

He also played six times for Scotland, and went to the 1990 World Cup in Italy.

No' bad for a 'howngry-hiller' fae Thirsa. ;)

(Actually, I've no idea if he was from Springpark or not. :lol:)

buggyracer
12-Nov-10, 13:50
wasnt there someone from wick/lybster area going further back who signed for Hibs (i think), i have no idea of his name but was told he scored a screamer in a scottish cup game, and it won goal of the tournament??

scotsboy
12-Nov-10, 14:07
wasnt there someone from wick/lybster area going further back who signed for Hibs (i think), i have no idea of his name but was told he scored a screamer in a scottish cup game, and it won goal of the tournament??

Mike Larnach?

rob murray
12-Nov-10, 18:01
Mike Larnach?

It wis James Mackay from Lybster, he was on trial at Hibs, from Brora Rangers for about 6 weeks in 1978, played and scored at Parkhead, game was televised I saw it and his goal was top drawer. He didnt stay at Hibs, legend has it that Brora wanted to much for him. Played out most of career at Ross County.

buggyracer
13-Nov-10, 22:04
It wis James Mackay from Lybster, he was on trial at Hibs, from Brora Rangers for about 6 weeks in 1978, played and scored at Parkhead, game was televised I saw it and his goal was top drawer. He didnt stay at Hibs, legend has it that Brora wanted to much for him. Played out most of career at Ross County.

That's him Rob, thanks.